Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LLGuy View Post
    Hi Sophieanne,

Thanks for the reply. I did receive a copy of the "Order Confirming Plan" from the the BK court which was 2 pages but there was no mention of tax returns or reporting income. I can't get access to Pacer since I currently don't have a CC. So would this automatically mean I'm not obligated to give the trustee a copy?
    I'm 25/48 payments into my Chapter 13, and I'm self-employed, too. Good jobs are are very difficult to come by at this age (almost 60.) My "Order Confirming Plan" also says nothing about tax returns or reporting income. I just hope to keep my head down, keep making my payments, and hopefully someday complete this.

Comment

Originally posted by dmc-2008 View Post
      Some people are so lucky not having to hand over taxes and report income. I am going to have to do both.
      Seems cruel to rub it in... but... I do not need to report taxes or income, and I have it in writing that I do not need to report income from a second job obtained after the filing of BK. Increases in income from your regular first job also do not need to be reported. They are only interested in inheritance, lottery winnings, etc.
      Please no one take this advise unless you are in my district! (even then, ask your attorney, not the crazy person on the internet haha).
      Filed CH13 - 06/2009
      Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

dmc-2008 to make you feel better I do have to send in my tax returns and report income too. My income has gone up each year I have been in my 13 but my payment amount has never risen (thank god!). I only have 4 payments to go and I will be done with my plan. Can't wait for the end to get here.

Comment

Thanks angel and congrats!!!
          Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

My answer and situation seems to be the same as Angel7821. Thank God it's almost over.
            Your Attorney would know what your trustee requires so ask him/her if it's not stated in your confirmation paper. So far I have had a carefree chp. 13.
            Good luck.

Comment

It really does depend on the trustee. We fully expected a fight on our plan and many said we would not get it. We qualified for a 3 year plan, but the payment was a little high..so our attorney went for 4 year plan with 0% to unsecured and we only have back taxes and the attorney that our being paid in the plan. We were able to keep the car out as the payment ends when the bankruptcy ends. Our mortgage is also paid outside the plan. We got the full amount for food and the trustee didn't bat an eye on anything. We were very lucky. Also, even though my husband is self employed we were not asked to turn anything inyearly.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X