top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timeframe for Chapter 13 Discharge in Virginia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeframe for Chapter 13 Discharge in Virginia?

Anyone here from Virginia who can give me some idea on how long after your last payment it took you to received your discharge. I have tried searching and am finding conflicting timeframes ranging from 30-90 days?

Thanks!
    Chapt. 13 Petition Filed 9/29/07
    Case Confirmed 12/10/07
    59 mos done 1 payment to go

I have tried to contact my atty for a month now. I call his office the paralegal tells me to send him an email. He answered one of my emails last week but all it said was I will have an answer by the end of the week. I call again this morning paralegal gets rude with me and tells me to send another email!

When will my chapt 13 officially be over? I filed 9/29/07 5 yr plan. Does it end this month on 9/29/12? Or does it go by the payments? My conf. letter says 60 mos. at $400 per month (I get paid bi-weekly so my payroll sends $184.62 each payday) the conf. letter also says $24,000. If it goes by the $24,000 then I won't be done 9/29/12 because the trustee website is showing today that I still owe $657.12 which would mean I won't be done until payroll deduction on 11/2/12. Can they make you go beyond your 60 months from filing (9/29/07)? Then how long does it take to get your discharge after the last payment is made? Can I send money myself in addition to the payroll deduction so that I will be done 9/29/12? or will this be a dumb idea?
    Chapt. 13 Petition Filed 9/29/07
    Case Confirmed 12/10/07
    59 mos done 1 payment to go

Comment

Hello:

I'm getting close to being finished as well; I was told from a rep at my Trustee's office, that the clock starts ticking 5 years from the filing date, so yes, your plan should be up for audit after 9/29/12; As far as the payments goes, I would contact the Trustee's office in regards to that because the amount you owe should match how long you have been in the plan; The Trustee might let you send in the difference to get the case to close; I sent in some extra money at the end of July, so the amount I've "paid in" vs. the "plan base" matched, if that makes any sense; I would contact them and see if you can send in the difference past 9/29/12; Hope you have a nice weekend;

P.S.

Also, remember that your first payment is due approximately 15 - 30 days after you file, so there's a difference as well with that; Thats' probably your 30 day difference;

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X