top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trustee said I can keep the unexpected bonus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee said I can keep the unexpected bonus?

Very strange...I am 2 1/2 yrs into my plan, and received a one time retension bonus of $10k - netted $6k. My atty said send the whole thing to the trustee, which I figured would happen. He also told me to call the trustee to ask how to endorse over the check. When I did, the person assigned to my case went into detail with me on my case and was very very helpfu! SHe also said that where as she could not offer me legal advise, she highly recommded I call my atty and ask him about giving this bonus in since my plan does not account for bonuses in Para 1 of the confirmation. Then she mentioned something about "however, there is aclause...something about funds received over $2500 must notify the trustee". But I did that and they told me to go back to my atty. LOL. She kept saying that she had no idea how to handle this because it was not in my plan. Anyways, my atty replied to my email and said "I received a call from the trustees office re: the bonus - GOOD JOB!"...I emailed him back and said "does this mean I can keep it?"...I haven't heard back yet. Now...I hate to sound skeptical and look a gift horse in the mouth, but I am seeing some decay on those back molers and it scares me! Anyone else been through this? Unfortunately I am not 100% confident in my atty's counsel.

The trustee will probably let you keep some of the money to take care of your needed dental work. I don't think the trustee is at liberty to let you keep the entire amount of your retention bonus - it's just too big of a windfall.

Comment

So my atty called the trustees office to get it confirmed...again...and the trustee said that because it was in included in Parag 1, a-e, of my confirmation, I can keep it. Also, since it was a one time unexpected bonus, not expected to be repeated (unfortunately) it did not prompt an increase in payment/revision of I or J! YAHOO!

Comment

YAY!!! Congratulations!!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Fan-freaking-tastic!!!
          Now go put that away for your emergency fund.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Awesome; Some good news today;

Comment

Great News

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X