Renting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renting

We are about to start our second year in the Ch 13. We want to get out of our house badly. We don't want to try and sell it because I don't want to bring any extra attention to us, which we would if we try to get approval to sell. Would I be breaking any rules if we rented our house out, for the same amount of our mortgage, and found a place to rent in a neighboring city (around the same price of our mortgage)? How hard is it to get approved for a rental? Neither of us have ever rented before. Do I have to get approval to rent a place?

The reason for the move is our son starts kindergarten next year and we are adamant that he is not going to the public school where we live now. Drugs are getting bad, and the school system itself ranked dead last in the state last year. The city next us, their public school is one of the best in the state. They accept out of district children, but with a hefty tuition. He is going there either way, I would just rather not pay tuition, because we have another little one following right behind him, which is going to get expensive. My in-laws have offered to rent our house as they are currently in an apartment.

Have you contacted your lawyer? if not - then that's where you need to start, explaining what you'd like to do.

Comment

I did just that. I moved and now rent a home, while I rent out my house in WA state. When I called the lawyer about it, that is when they told me that it is difficult to sell, but I can live wherever I want. If you're in a 100% plan, they don't care what your expenses are, you just can't by and sell without jumping through hoops plastered over with red tape.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X