Note of Door to call CHASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note of Door to call CHASE

Came home from work envelope taped to front door. When I opened the envelope there was a card from CHASE to call there office. I called and they said they do this to make sure you did not leave the property and that its being occupied. That is fine but are they allowed to do that when I am in a chap 13 bankruptcy???

Short answer yes. They are allowed to check on their security interest.
    3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
    4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
    4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
    6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

They usually do this if they drive by (they pay a company to do this) and the lawn is not kept up or the property otherwise appears abandoned. If it is determined to be vacant, they will change the locks and weatherize the home to protect their collateral - the house.

Are you current on your mortgage payments? I ask because this is another trigger for them to do an occupancy check.
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Im in a bankruptcy so i am not current on my payments. my house is well kept. I asked the rep why the person didnt knock on the door and just left on the door. She said because it was obvious that the property was being occupied cars in the driveway lights on. Who knows I am in the middle of trying to get approved for a modification maybe that has something to do with it

Comment

Isn't being current (regardless of a modification attempt) a requirement for your Chapter 13 plan? Are you worried about dismissal?

Tough love comment here since this is not your first run at the rodeo: Do you not think that maybe you simply can not afford your debt load? Have you ever thought about surrendering your house? Houses are just 4 walls divided by smaller walls; home is where those you love and where those who love you are.
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~

Comment

Listen this may not be my first or my last run at the "rodeo" whatever the heck that means. I am current on my trustee and my mortgage payments post bankruptcy. And if I should ever fall off the "horse" I will file as many times as I have to. The mortgage company played dirty and I will also if I should fall off the "horse". My house is not just 4 walls its my childrens home, the one that I bought them home to when they were born sooo I will do everything in my power to keep it. When my 12 year old daughter lay dying of cancer and the broker had me sign the papers at the hospital without my husband at a 14percent interest rate and a 3 year clause saying that I cant refinance. They made me initial my husbands signature. Yes I take responsiblilty but its a subprime mortgage shouldnt they be helping me modify. So your poetic saying above means nothing to me

Comment

"First run at the rodeo" was my POLITE way of saying that by your own admission you have filed Chapter 13 more than a time or 2 - hence my prefacing my remarks with the "tough love" warning.

I am truly sorry about your daughter. I can not imagine your pain and sorrow.

Many of us here on the forum were caught up in our own emotional issues when we financed or refinanced our homes - and no matter how unfair it seems that is just how life is sometimes. So damn unfair.

We got offered a Chase modification after 2 years of blood, sweat, tears and what felt like the rape of our personal, medical and financial records. After all of this, they offered a mod for a whopping $50 less than our original payment. Don't expect much out of them... you will only be disappointed and hurt again.

Living in a home you can't afford for purely emotional reasons (and I am not trying to be cruel but your response to me is clearly indicative of this) is not a good emotional or business decision for you and your surviving family members. The stress of holding onto something that your posts here clearly indicate you can't afford is unimagineable. THAT is what I was trying to convey to you... that maybe it is rethinking time.

I apologize if I hurt you. My true intent was merely to try to tell you what most people wouldn't... that letting go can sometimes be a good thing.

Comment

Vale... I applaud you for your tact and very nice reply to a not so nice post.

You win the smilie face of the day award

To the OP:

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter and the issues you're having at the moment, but it doesnt give you the right to blast people on the forum that are trying to assist you. It's hard sometimes to look "outside of the box" when you're the one in it -so when others respond, it is with a different perspective than the one you're viewing.

If you ask a question, or require help, or even just to vent and blow off steam (as we all have done) please know that the above type of response you posted may get you no help at all. We understand your frustration, but make sure you're taking it out on the right people.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                  [B] We understand your frustration, but make sure you're taking it out on the right people.
                  It's called, 'Redirected Anger'. The OP can't lash out at Chase, or the cancer that took her daughter, but an anonymous poster on a public forum is considered 'safe'. The OP probably doesn't realize what happened here.
                  "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I agree AC - and totally understand the need to lash out - but....perhaps phrasing things a bit differently would have been better.

I couldnt even imagine losing one of my children and the loss that must bring; my heart goes out to her.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X