BOA Notice of Postpetition Mortgage Fees, Expenses and Charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOA Notice of Postpetition Mortgage Fees, Expenses and Charges

Has anyone seen this? It lists the cost of their proof of claim as $275 from the fee date of 8/20/12. I surrendered the house when I filed and my plan was confirmed 6/12/12. They have not started the foreclosure process yet. The creditors had until 8/16 to file claims. Is this something they can charge me for? not sure how they can charge for something after filing or even after all claims were due. Does anyone know if I am actually responsible for this? My attorney was closed today.
    thanks!

I'm keeping my house, but last year my mortgage was sold to another servicer. This new bank then sent me a statement for $800, claiming that this was their attorney fees for me filing a chapter 13. My attorney said that they are allowed to charge such fees, but he thought the amount was exorbitant, and would see what he could do. Then about a month later the bank sent me a letter that they had changed their mind :-)

It's just awful how banks charge fees for everything these days.

Comment

The fees are ridiculous!

I still have not heard back from my attorney but in the past he had said that since I surrendered the house, I would not have to pay any of the foreclosure fees they have listed on the statements I recieve. I hope that I still don't have to pay this. I am hoping that is the case with this fee too, especially since it is a postpetition fee.

Does anyone else know?

Comment

Yes I just got my for informational purposes only statement from BOA and I saw the same thing. They said they "filed" Foreclosure papers on 8/27/2012 so that was a charge of $75 *funny we never got anything for that "foreclosure" except an intent to file. Then on 9/14/2012 it shows a Proof of claim fee of $200 (they have YET to actually file a claim!). Whats weird is they have until the end of the year to file a claim? I thought they were allowed a lot less time than that!

So back to what you are asking, I think that is the standard for BOA. Not sure if you will have to pay or not.
        Filed 13: 8/22/2012 341 Meeting: 10/2/2012 Confirmed: 11/2/2012
        10 payments down 50 more to go!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X