Chapter 13, is credit possibly good????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13, is credit possibly good????

Hello, I am 5 months away from finishing a 60 month chapter 13. I recently switched to Verizon Wireless and I was expecting the worse $500 deposit blah blah blah, but no they approved me for 10 lines with no deposit. Is it possible that even though I am in a chapter 13 that my credit score may not be that bad?? I would think Verizon would require at least a 650 score??? Maybe?? Also I am interested in knowing how crappy of an interest rate am I looking forward too after the discharge for a new / used vehicle loan?? Credit cards I could care less about, lived without them for 5 years and will continue to do so for the rest of my life.

Thanks

We are in our 3rd year of a 5yr plan and our credit score is 630. It goes up every quarter just form paying regular monthly bills. Looking for it to approach upper 600's by discharge time.

For what its worth, my mom is 83 yeas old and just purchased a 2010 Chevy Cobalt at a local dealer @ 7% interest with a credit score of 682. She filed bk7 seven years ago.
    Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

I can't answer any questions cause I am newbie, and just heading into a 13 but I just had to say congrats on success and wow, this is encouraging news.
      Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

I just finished my 54 month Chapter 13 and I am waiting for the official discharge document (which takes longer that it ought to, IMHO). My FICO score, which is the only score that creditors really care about, is 690. That score is classified as "fair", but not "good". Among those creditors who will accept FICO scores in the mid-600's, the real world difference between fair and good is going to be the interest rate.

Just as an aside - one of my sons was 1 1/2 years out of a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, and he obtained a zero (0) percent car loan on a Toyota Prius. Perhaps the dealer mark-up on some models permits them to make such offers - although I have the feeling that it is somewhat of a ruse.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X