Think this is Bankruptcy related?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think this is Bankruptcy related?

Ok so we got a weird message on our verizon phones yesterday that we had been unregistered on our account (phones are still active). So I go back online and re-register our phone account as per the reps advice. All to find out our bill had been wiped out , not one single cent owed! I wanted to cry because I was trying to figure out how we were going to pay it since it was a holiday yesterday and my Unemployment hadnt gone though. The rep couldnt tell me how it had been paid said that was a violation (not sure how thats a violation considering I asked him if it was the last 4 of our card number and he wouldnt say yes or no to that!). I checked our bank acct and nope not a penny out of place. Someone did us a HUGE favor! I am feeling blessed with that happening. If it is BK related boy that is a blessing in disguise! I was stressing how we were going to get that bill caught up! We had been a rolling month behind since we over spent on my daughters birthday in July (oooooops!)
    Filed 13: 8/22/2012 341 Meeting: 10/2/2012 Confirmed: 11/2/2012
    10 payments down 50 more to go!

JC, a similar thing happened to me at T-mobile. Here's my thread:

http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...n-after-filing

However, my rep was able to explain it to me. Yes, it was due to filing BK. The interesting thing for me was T-mobile was not listed anywhere on my filing papers, only cell phone on expense form. I got a $68 bonus!

Comment

That happened to me. but they changed the account number and sent me the old bill acct bill in which i had to pay they put on it something about bk. It was verizon, hope you don't have to pay it.

Comment

A similar thing happened with my light and heating bills. I included both in my bk, and they changed my account numbers on both. Nothing happened with my phone bill, though. Probably because somehow, it was current when I filed.

Comment

We wont have to pay it till the bankruptcy is discharged from what I am being told by the finance department. So for now we have a clean slate and can get that money together and send it to them early hopefully and keep things going. I cannot afford to loose my phone service due to medical issues.

Comment

Originally posted by jcsawyer View Post
            We wont have to pay it till the bankruptcy is discharged from what I am being told by the finance department. So for now we have a clean slate and can get that money together and send it to them early hopefully and keep things going. I cannot afford to loose my phone service due to medical issues.
            I wouldn't count on that. They most likely moved you to a new account number which would have changed your due date. It happened to me as well. You'll still owe it on the next bill.

Comment

Is this just for phone bills that were owes? I have cells but they are up to date!
              Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

If it's on any kind of contract they'll probably cancel your current account and move it to a new one, possibly with different terms, but I didn't notice that mine changed.

Comment

Yes this is on a cell account. The info that i wrote prior came directly from the bankruptcy department in verizon wireless. They did not nor will they cancel our contract or change our terms of our contract. Our upgrade, discount, and payment date are all the same it just put the past due into the bankruptcy. She even noted on the account everything she told me because i called bacl and spoke to a regular rep and he read verbatim what i was told. They just put us on a sub-level 2 account.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X