Guess What we Got In The Mail Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess What we Got In The Mail Today

So, I went to get the mail and what is there--3, yes 3 pre-approved cc applications--only 23% interest! Seriously? Isn't this how we got here to begin with? Confirmed the beginning of the week and then these came and were torn up and into the garbage.

Our freezer in the garage is on its way out & my husband, who works for a Home Imp. Co. came home yesterday & said a cusstomer just refused a brand new freezer, worth $750, because there was an 1" scratch on the corner back surface, the Store Manager told my husband that we can have it for $200. The old one will be transported up to So. NJ during the Holidays for a friend of ours who lost everything this week, courtesy of Sandy. 2 freezers and no one has to use plastic.

We are a few months into this journey and what a wonderful feeling this is. I really cannot thank you all enough for giving me the wonderful support.

Now what I am really looking forward to when I go to get the mail next week and not see 1 more Political piece of garbage in the mail box.sammie
    Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Hi Sammie. That is great about the freezers, and that you can get one for such a good price and help someone else at the same time. This type of bartering/sharing is what it is all about.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
      Hi Sammie. That is great about the freezers, and that you can get one for such a good price and help someone else at the same time. This type of bartering/sharing is what it is all about.
      I mentioned that our freezer is on its way out, I should clarify, it was given to us by our mil about 15 yrs. ago & she had it for awhile so I know its days are numbered, but it will do fine for a couple of yrs. for a single mother of 2 with nothing left from Sandy. I wish that we could do more for all the people that have lost so much. One baby step at a time. Living in the South has taught us a lot about bartering and you get to smile and ask people how they are. Thank you AC.sammie
      Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

I got the cc offers too when I first started my plan. I just started getting offers again in the mail but I think it is due to the holidays coming up. They go straight to the shredder! You will find the longer you are in your plan that plastic really is not needed to get through life. I think for most people they are so used to using a cc that it is a shock in the beginning to rely on cash only. But a person learns to live on a cash only basis and you will come to love it. I know I do. I just did all my Christmas shopping last saturday and paid cash for everything. It is a great feeling to know I dont have holiday debt.

Comment

Not that I miss the junk mail AT ALL, but you just made me realize that we HAVEN'T been getting cc offers. It feels good actually not getting all the junk mail we used to get.... at the same time, I now feel a bit "slighted".
          Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
          Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

We also got a lot of offers in the beginning, now only once in a while, and yes all went in the trash.
            Discharged 5/2015

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X