Some woo hoo news some not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some woo hoo news some not

Ok so we got our confirmation letter in the mail today! We will be making our 3rd payment to the trustee on the 22nd! Now he can begin sending out payments! That makes me happy. So 3 payments down 57 to go lol!

On to the not so fun news! My unemployment runs out the week of january 1st AND my disability was denied for a second time. Without my little bit of income we will be struggling to make our payments. We surrendered one vehicle and avoided our 2nd mortgage they have yet to pick up the car (santander) which has no insurance on it since our insurance renewed and didnt want to play heck getting it dropped off mid policy. I am just not sure what to do for income while waiting on my disability to go through which after todays reason for denial i want in front of a judge. It will take a charlotte nc judge 8-16 months to allow us a hearing! How stupid can you get! 40 operations steel rods attached to my spine MS and seizures hmmm... Lets deny this case! Sorry i didnt mean to rant i just really am annoyed i started this the beginning of the year! I am just not wanting to disrupt all of the work weve put in so far!
    Filed 13: 8/22/2012 341 Meeting: 10/2/2012 Confirmed: 11/2/2012
    10 payments down 50 more to go!

Hey 3 payments made is a big deal jcsawyer. Just think it's 3 you no longer have to worry about and those last 57 will go fast you'll see. It willl be over before you know it. Sorry to hear your disability got denied. Sometimes I wonder how people who obviously don't have anything wrong with them are so lucky to get approved for disablilty. Just isn't fair.

Comment

Originally posted by angel7821 View Post
      Hey 3 payments made is a big deal jcsawyer. Just think it's 3 you no longer have to worry about and those last 57 will go fast you'll see. It willl be over before you know it. Sorry to hear your disability got denied. Sometimes I wonder how people who obviously don't have anything wrong with them are so lucky to get approved for disablilty. Just isn't fair.
      Thank you for the kind words! I appreciate it. It is difficult in NC to get disability but seeing as how i had ssi as a child it shouldn't be too hard! I guess they figure my back will magically straighten after 31 years! Ive not ever been able to hold a job for long because of my medical history. Have one seizure in front of my boss and they let me go! Ummm i was answering phone calls for Vonage tech support lol not too labor intensive i you ask me. I also wonder the same thing! I told the lady its funny if i were an alcoholic od get approved immediately but because i choose not to be irresponsible like that i get punished.

Comment

Aargh so sorry to hear about the "nay" on disability. Hang in there and keep fighting.
        So... you are mainly in a 13 to pay arrears on the mortgage? You managed to strip the second? I went back and reread your earlier posts and it didn't look like that was an option.
        If that is the case I guess re-negotiating payments post income drop is also not an option. I wish there was a quick way to check each poster's "backstory" so we know what we are talking about.
        As to getting more income, I'd suggest selling some thongs on ebay Seems to be a profitable venture for some of our classic members! Maybe they can give you a source.
        Best of luck, congrats on confirmation, and keep us posted.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
          Aargh so sorry to hear about the "nay" on disability. Hang in there and keep fighting.
          So... you are mainly in a 13 to pay arrears on the mortgage? You managed to strip the second? I went back and reread your earlier posts and it didn't look like that was an option.
          If that is the case I guess re-negotiating payments post income drop is also not an option. I wish there was a quick way to check each poster's "backstory" so we know what we are talking about.
          As to getting more income, I'd suggest selling some thongs on ebay Seems to be a profitable venture for some of our classic members! Maybe they can give you a source.
          Best of luck, congrats on confirmation, and keep us posted.
          We werent sure that we were going to be able to in the beginning but after getting some CMA's we were able to get 'er done! I did find out that our atty filed a claim for BOA (our mortgage co) that made me feel better to see that.

About selling those thongs ummmm no lmbo! I hate ebay with a passion! I was burned bad on Ebay a good 5 years ago on some disney tickets I sold. I am not sure about the re-negotiation on payments being an option or not.

Comment

jcs

sorry to hear about your denial of SSD - hopefully you can go for appeal in front of the judge and state your case.
            With that being said - why did you file Ch. 13 if you are unemployed? Could you not qualify for Ch. 7 on your husbands income?

Comment

I think it was about mortgage arrears and a lien strip.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                jcs

sorry to hear about your denial of SSD - hopefully you can go for appeal in front of the judge and state your case.
                With that being said - why did you file Ch. 13 if you are unemployed? Could you not qualify for Ch. 7 on your husbands income?
                We wanted to keep our home and we were behind on our mortgage. We striped our second mortgage. Plus my husband and his father arenon the deed of another home that we could not sell.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X