No announcement yet.

Is Chapter 13 really that bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am trying so hard to be positive because there is much to be gratefull for! I just get the demon what ifs a lot, just how I process things. But if this works it will be beautiful and help me a lot but if it doesnt it will be brutal. I have to make it work but hope I dont feel like I am being dragged thru the mud. I worry how I will come up with emergency money if i have to, as i have no savings. I guess that scares me the most.
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Scares me too! Everyone says well skimp on grocery and stuff well we do, Some people could save on gas, but of course me and my hub work a distance away so thats out.... Yes you need a good attorney and PRAY for a decent trustee, thats what I am doing right now he keeps objecting to my plan and tommorow 4th confirmation hearing. So I am thinking this is not gonna be a nice 5 years. Oh well, heck I only bought 4 presents for XMAS my grandaughter, no one else is getting anything. However you may be one of those lucky ones. Good Luck

Comment

Once again thank you to everyone who took the time to post and answer. Today I am feeling very weary, all I desire is for us to be able to provide for our family. I look at our situation over and over and cannot imagine how we could pay our debt off on our own with accruing interest. I do not know if we will be a 7 or 13 yet, it could go either way. We have filed. I am weary and just want my husband who is an amazing man, to not be broken through this process. And, I hope that I can support him as he needs and also be there for my young child. Dreams of having another child are vanishing. But God answered our prayers with the gift of a beautiful daughter when we did not know if we could even have one. We are blessed. In spite of this horrendous knot in my chest today and my weak knees from the fear of the unknown, we are blessed with each other...

Thank you so much to those who have posted. I will have more questions I am sure. There is only so much I can think about at a time. I know that if I write a question and I don't like the answer, then I have to work through the stress and anxiety of those feelings. It's ok though, I will work through it. I want to live in the reality of our situation, but in small doses. I will keep researching on the forum, and I will hang in there

Comment

Good luck newday! I completely understand about taking small bites at a time! This is not an easy process!

Comment

No confirmation I really am beginning to dislike this man. I feel tortured. See some have it made some don't. Make sure you have 2 reliable cars.

Comment

Karma what happens? Your lawyer goes and then the trustee comes back with a diff number for the payment?? Is it way higher? What r they objecting to? Just curious! I have hard ass trustee too and i dont expect to be confirmed at first hearing! If so she will most likely find a way to jack it up sometime in the plan!

Comment

Ok, I just read back through this thread again, and I saw AngelinaCat's post about a home appraisal. I am wondering why a person might have a home appraisal in CH 13. What purpose does it serve? Do they try to take your house? That was confusing to me.

Comment

I am wondering what is happening too that you are not getting confirmed Karm43?

dmc-2008 I worry about all the "what-ifs" too.
                  "What if we have an emergancy?"
                  "What if my husband's business slows down again this summer?"
                  "What if this drags on forever?!?"
                  "What if, what if, what if???"
                  LOL, worrying about the what-ifs is not a good way to live.

Comment

Newday i had to get an app cause i need to prove i am underwater on my first motgage so i can strip the second and get rid of it. Look up lien stripping in chapter 13.

The what ifs are lilling me! What if they deny the lien strip and now i am in arrears and they foreclose and i lose my condo afterall?!?!?!

Stuff like that! :-/

Comment

:-) this bk stuff is not for sissys huh :-)

Comment

Ok I understand now, dmc-2008.
                        Hang in there...and, if it's not for sissy's then what am I doing here? I feel like a sissy

Comment

Me too!

Comment

Sorry took so long I had to cool off. He is objecting to our retirement which is about 150 for me and 130 for hub, also last year i received a decent income tax that irs took that was because I had them taking a extra 50 a week for fed and I was on a monthly plan to, so my taxes are finally paid, he wants to increase my plan based on these tax in which i really do not get back. then my attorney was trying to get me a old car credit in which he said no but was not counting on that one. So I am in waiting was suppose to call my attorney back fri but I missed him. I think i may be ok with the retirement plan, as far as taxes I want to hand over what I actually get every year and do not want it based on last year told him drop the car thing cause this guy just isn't gonna make this easy.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X