Oh boy a possible pickle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh boy a possible pickle

Not sure what is going to happen. As of Dec. 29 like many other unemployed folks out there I loose my unemployment (Disability has not been approved and is on its way to a hearing). We are about to loose out on almost $800 a month in income. We dont qualify for government assistance and that kind of a loss I dont know if they will lower us or not. $1660 will choke us. we have cut back to the point of not being able to do anything as it is. No christmas tree this year! I have had so many co-pays for dr visits and now they are talking about more surgery on my spine to replace the rods attached to it. Hubby cant get a second job due to the one he has is at some seriously weird hours and they are never steady hours. I am so scared this is going to cause us to lose everything when we have done so well to pay our payments thus far. We are a whopping 3 payments (4 payments on the 22nd of dec) into our 60 payments and we are not in a 100% plan we are only paying 34% to unsecured. We are in the western district of NC if that helps anyone and our trustees initials are WLT.
    Filed 13: 8/22/2012 341 Meeting: 10/2/2012 Confirmed: 11/2/2012
    10 payments down 50 more to go!

JCS

Sorry to hear about the situation you're facing. I know you filed Ch. 13 to hold onto your house and strip the 2nd, however....sometimes its best to let a house go if you cannot afford it. I'm surprised your lawyer even tried a Ch. 13 given you had no income and were going for disability.

Might be time to look into converting to a Ch. 7 and let the house go, especially since you're facing more surgery. If you choose to keep the Ch. 13 going and there isnt any wiggle room..you're just throwing good money after bad. Your health is whats most important right now - not worrying about how you're going to pay a Ch. 13, especially since you're only 3 months into a 60 month plan. Murphy is always lurking and trust me, he'll come knocking several times during those 60 months.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Comment

Thank you pandora. The reason that we had to opt for a 13 instead of a 7 is due to his fathers house in SC that he is attached to. Our atty was told this would happen anyway so Im thinking that it should be ok. I am just having a moment of dear lord help us. The surgery will not be until I can afford it, I spoke to my dr today about that and hes willing to wait until my disability is approved so that helps us big time there. We have never had any wiggle room when it came to money to begin with so this is nothing new to us. I am hoping for something to fall through soon so that we can be good to go. I will just be happy if we can pay everything.
      Filed 13: 8/22/2012 341 Meeting: 10/2/2012 Confirmed: 11/2/2012
      10 payments down 50 more to go!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X