top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BofA forgave 2nd mortgage, should debt still be listed as Negative on Credit Report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BofA forgave 2nd mortgage, should debt still be listed as Negative on Credit Report?

Just completed number 37 of a 60 month plan. Have a bit of a quirky question.

A couple months ago I received a debt forgiveness letter from BofA stating they are forgiving the remaining balance of my 2nd mortgage as a result of the federal lawsuit. I have confirmed the trustee has ceased any further payments to BofA (the percent payback on my other debts has subsequently increased) and I have received a letter from BofA stating there is now a zero balance owed on the account.

I dont know why I even bother, but I went to check Equifax and that is account is still indeed listed in the negative category. I attempted to dispute with Equifax and their investigation stated they have "comfrimed all information as stated is valid". If I provide Equifax a copy of the letter from BofA that shows a zero balance, shouldn't they be compelled to remove this item? Does BofA retain some type of recourse even though they have forgiven the debt?

Thanks in advance.

$0 balance does not mean it was not a negative account. I believe an account with any late payment activity in the past 7 years would show as negative. Doesn't mean it is NOW delinquent, but refers to prior history.

My mortgage has been current since June 2010, but still shows the past history. It will until 2017 when all the late payments age out of the reporting window.
    ~Staci
    Not an attorney, and never played one on tv. My responses are based on my own experiences & personal opinions.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X