No announcement yet.

Death of Friend has me Questioning, Hating CH 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that bites, but think of the long run and the interest that you are not tied to. I don,t know any other 5 year plan where you can be debt free ( or almost ) and have pretty good credit. I looked at calculors and even if i could stay afloat there was no way i would be where this solution will put me! Its scarey, it sucks, but its a solution. Personally i have been trying to fix it myself for years and i got no where! Listen five years is gonna go by anyway - make it count! ;-)
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

While I also hate being in a 5 year plan, 3 years are now completed, I know I will be debt free in 2 more years. I would have worked until I died and still never have been debt free. Before we filed, I used one of those online calculators to see how long it would take to pay off my debt and I think I would have been in my 80's.
      My plan is more reasonable than what it sounds like Aloth's is, but I am still paying a lot of money. We are paying back about 65% to unsecured.

I also know financially I will be in a much better place than a lot of people that file ch7 are. I have a family member that filed ch 7 twice over 10 years and they are still struggling to make ends meet today. For me, I prefer knowing I have the income to move past the ch 13 when we are done, than file ch7 and continue to struggle the rest of our lives. So if my income puts me into a ch13, I am ok with that knowing I will have a future and I will be able to retire.
      Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Alorth my friend, time for an attitude change.
        No offense but you've been kinda whining from day one. You wanted to have your Montessori, higher-than-IRS-standard-home, etc...and your cake too. Your family makes a ton more money than many on this board. Many of us would dearly love to be in your position. Making 6 figures, with only a few years to being debt free with oodles of dmi.

Yes your tt sucks- but I wonder if your attitude didn't piss him off a little bit too. You guys probably makes more than he does too

It's good to come here to vent for sure. It's one of the reasons this board exists.
        Just don't be shocked when some of us are not entirely sympathetic.

Everything is perspective and we can choose how we want to feel about things. Your health, which if I recall isn't great, will be all the better for it. I truly meant this in the nicest way--forgive me, I am not usually this sharp with folks here, but I felt this really needed pointing out.

Kudos to the bat for a FAN-freaking-TASTIC post!!!!! For many of us THAT is the day to day reality year in and year out.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

My condolences to you in the loss of your good friend... I'm so sorry.

Dont really have much more to add to the mix since the sentiments re: Ch. 13 have been covered in detail by all above, but wanted to tell you to hang in there Al - things will get better hun.

Lots of hugs

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X