6 Months left on a 60 Month Plan!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 Months left on a 60 Month Plan!!!!!

my 60 month plan is slated to end in July of 2013. I just had my lawyer audit my plan to ensure I could finish on time and put this behind me. It was determined I had some extra costs that needed to be added (legal fees and some other items). I have 6 monthly payments of $1150 and one balloon payment of $2500 left to complete. Thankfully I can take care of this. I have learned a lot during this time. I have paid $54K in of a $63K plan.

I ended up filing due to a divorce in 2008. In 5 years I have straightened out my financial situation, got remarried and had a baby! It has not been easy but I wouldn't change the circumstances for anything.

I just wanted to post to let people know it is possible to make it through and come out better for it!

Couple quick questions:

What type of interest rates can I expect for a car coming out of bankruptcy? We have been saving for both a car and would like to buy a house because home prices are reasonable and interest rates are fantastic. I don't want to rent and not build equity. Does anyone have experience with purchasing a home or car after discharge?

Thanks in advance!

Congrats on your progress. I cannot help answer your question, but can I ask a couple of you?

How did you incur extra legal fees in your 13? This concerns me.

How did you end up with a balloon payment?

I am into my third of five years and want to be ready.
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Check out the mortgage after bankruptcy and auto loans after bankruptcy sections of this forum for some insight. Chapter 13 Discharge should take about three months after last payment is dispersed to creditors. Spend some time cleaning up your credit report & reestablish your credit and eventually purchase a home.
      Last edited by Scott50; 01-22-2013, 08:58 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X