• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to keep my apartment and car during Chapter 13 in CA

State: CA
    District: Central District-Los Angeles
    Chapter 13

I filed a Chapter 13 and was dismissed(didn't turn in supporting documents in 14 days) but it included my past due rent and past due auto loan payments.

Re-filed two weeks later, which was 2 days before my hearing for my Unlawful Detainer.

The UD judge continued the case to March 21, so my landlord can petition the BK court to lift the automatic stay.

Questions:

1) I have the post-petition rent payment and auto loan payment. Who do I make the money orders out to? The creditors or the Trustee?

2) Is there a form or forms I have to file to ask the BK court to accept my post petition payments?

3) How can I be sure that my landlord will accept my past due payments as part of my Chap 13 repayment plan?

4) Do I have to make a separate agreement with him to repay the past due?

Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thank you,
    Happy New Year!!
    Filed Chap 7--10/1/2010 341 Meeting--11/2/2010 No Distribution--11/5/2010 Discharged --1/28/2011 Awaiting Closure

You received a Ch. 7 discharge 2 years ago...so is there some reason as to why you must now file Ch. 13? If you're filing just to catch up on rent and auto payments... then there's a bigger issue going on (i.e. income / bill ratios)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X