Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really Trustee???

Hi Folks,

I saw a letter in the mail from the trustee today. I assumed it was my statement of activity that usually comes sometimes after February. I opened it and it said that my plan requires me to submit tax returns and refunds within 7 days of receipt. This is the third year I've done my taxes since filing, never have I done this and never have they sent me a letter like this.

I checked my paperwork and I don't see this anywhere in my plan. I'm hoping this is a mistake. I've left a message with my attorney about this, but I'm wondering why all of a sudden they would send this to me.
    Filed Chapter 13 with lien strip on 2-28-11 * 341 held on 3-30-11 * First confirmation hearing held 4-20-11, continued until 5-25-11, continued until 6-29-11, continued until 8-10-11. Plan finally confirmed on 8-10-11!!!

It's part of your involuntary servitude :-)
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
      It's part of your involuntary servitude :-)
      And what the trustee wants, the trustee will get.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I was told by my attorney that the trustee does not usually request tax returns, but he has the option to ask for them any year. So far he has not. I am keeping my fingers crossed, not that my income has changed that much.
        Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Same thing happened to me. No request for 2009 or 2010, but January 2012 I got a letter reminding me that I was to send refunds to the trustee. Well, I owed so did not send anything. I got a letter this January saying they never received my refund for tax year 2011 and that if I owed, I needed to send a copy of my return. Well, I sent a copy of my return. Then I get a letter saying they received my 2011 return, but they are missing my 2009 and 2010 returns. Well, that's because they never requested them. They also indicated I needed to send my 2012 and 2013 returns.
          March 2009 - Filed Ch 13 April 2009 - 341 Meeting
          Sept 2009 - Confirmed April 2014 Plan completed May 2014 - Discharged!!

Comment

My attorney responded. He believes that their system triggered the letter because my case is less than 100%. But my confirmed plan did not have the standard language with regard to tax refunds and tax returns. He will be contacting the trustee, so we'll see. Would this include Federal and state tax refunds?
            Filed Chapter 13 with lien strip on 2-28-11 * 341 held on 3-30-11 * First confirmation hearing held 4-20-11, continued until 5-25-11, continued until 6-29-11, continued until 8-10-11. Plan finally confirmed on 8-10-11!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TooMuchCredit View Post
              Same thing happened to me. No request for 2009 or 2010, but January 2012 I got a letter reminding me that I was to send refunds to the trustee. Well, I owed so did not send anything. I got a letter this January saying they never received my refund for tax year 2011 and that if I owed, I needed to send a copy of my return. Well, I sent a copy of my return. Then I get a letter saying they received my 2011 return, but they are missing my 2009 and 2010 returns. Well, that's because they never requested them. They also indicated I needed to send my 2012 and 2013 returns.
              If they are so interested in your return, I assume they lowered your plan payment by the amount that you owed? (yes, unfortionatly this is a joke).
              Filed CH13 - 06/2009
              Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

We got the exact same enclosure with our yearly payment spreadsheet from trustee, we have never received this type of letter before. Our chapter 13 is setup that we turn over all copies of tax returns each year, and any monies over the amount of $1800.00 is to be turned over to the trustee.
                Date filed: 06/24/2009
                341 Meeting: 07/27/2009
                Plan confirmed: 10/14/2009
                $340.00 per month @ 60 months

Comment

Originally posted by forgotten View Post
                  If they are so interested in your return, I assume they lowered your plan payment by the amount that you owed? (yes, unfortionatly this is a joke).
                  Haha. That would be nice if they did!
                  March 2009 - Filed Ch 13 April 2009 - 341 Meeting
                  Sept 2009 - Confirmed April 2014 Plan completed May 2014 - Discharged!!

Comment

Originally posted by forgotten View Post
                    Actually, from what I've heard they'll increase your payment to cover your return, then you can "keep" the return annually. Large returns = evidence of overwithholding.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X