Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure where this belongs

Hi everyone,
    We are 2 years into our 4 year chapter 13 plan (yes I know we are an unusual case with a 48 month payback rather than 36 or 60, but our case was confirmed with no objections. Here is the dilemma not facing me. I can not keep living in the same house with my husband. We will have been married 19 years at the end of this month and one of the main reasons we were forced to file in the first place was he started a business right when the economy turned sour. I wanted to file to get the monkey off our back, so he wouldn't feel like he has to work 60 hour weeks. Well, he still does and lately he has been complaining about everything related to finances. It was so ridiculous today, he was angry about a 2.99 itunes charge and a 1.00 composition book that my son used. I just don't want to live like this anymore, but I feel trapped because of the bankruptcy. I can support myself, but I don't know what to do. I know that if we can not agree on things we will have to get separate attorneys. Money is still pretty tight and I have no idea how any of this will work. I thought maybe I could hang on for another 2 years, but that doesn't seen fair to either of us. I just don't know what to do. I have tried asking him what is bothering him. I just don't want to live like this anymore. I filed so that I didn't have to worry about money anymore. Although I love our house, it is underwater and I have no qualms about walking away. I don't think he feels the same way. What to do. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

24 months is not a long time relatively speaking but your hubby can make it miserable if he doesn't lighten up! Somehow you gotta give you kid a itunes card with a budget maybe? My kid is star bucking me to death, I understand. They should not be punished for our financial mistakes but do need to be careful with family resources too. No more starbie this month, the budget has been reached. Not sure what you should do, but they say if you can't change your situation, then change your perspective. Good luck
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X