Question about chase selling my loan to SPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about chase selling my loan to SPS

I went to credit karma today to check my score and saw a new account had been added to my credit report.

It was a home loan for the balance I owed Chase bank for my mortgage. Seems Chase must have sold it to a company SPS or
    Select Portfolio Servicing. Karma also showed it as one payment late.

I haven't paid chase for 4 years and have filed a chapter 13 on 4/15/13. Chase was included and the house was surrendered.
    Can chase sell my loan? I haven't heard a thing for chase or the new company in all these years.

I can see my credit being ding with each payment not made.

I'm very confused..

Originally posted by bluldy View Post
    Can chase sell my loan?
    Yes. Everything is for sale..........
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Thank you frogger.
      I thought once it was in a chapter 13 it was stopped. They are reporting it as a loan on my report separate from the original chase loan.
      Guess I'll call my lawyer.

Comment

If it was listed in chapter 13, then the collection of the debt would have been stopped. Keep in mind however, there is a huge market for all types of debt to be sold/purchased, including bankruptcies, discharged debt, and all types of junk. Absolutely everything is for sale, however everything is not collectable.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X