Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Year Down

Four years to go!
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Wow... I can't believe it's been a year for you guys already!! WTG!!

If you had it to do over again would you still have filed a 13?

Is there anything you would have done differently?? (for future 13 filers on the forum)

Congrats again!!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Thank you! I dont think i could or would have done anything differently. Well, maybe i would have bought a new car. Inot that old, 2006 but it might start nickling me!

I did the 13 for the lien strip. If this finacial decision works it will be the best thing for me and my family. If it doesnt work.... Gulp!

Comment

Congrats on crossing off that first year. Did it go fast for you? Before long you will be half way done.

Comment

yay! Did it seem like a year has gone by?

Come April 2014 I'll be able to say "1 Year to GO!"

It'll fly by ;)

Comment

There was a slow patch during the middle of the year but it has picked up! I sure can't wait till the half way mark!!! That's huge. So now instead of saying I have 4 years left, I say 3 years and 11 months! :-) lol

Comment

dmc it is a good feeling to get past that first year. Time will fly by. We only have 14 payments left! Just a little more than a year!
              Discharged 5/2015

Comment

You are on you way to the finish line my friend. Our first year was the toughest. Making all the adjustments and the overwhelming feeling of failure. Filing bk is a mind job for most of us. Got over all that well into our second year.

Time will go by quickly and at times you will not even think about it. You will learn discipline and humility.
                Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Thank you Jange and Andy! This board and the support here is one of the reasons it is tolerable. So scared to go thru alone. Andy 10 months!!! You are done!!!! I will be here rooting for you!
                  I cannot wait and I do hope time goes quickly, :-)

Comment

Jange 14 months is done too! You guys must be so happy!

Comment

DMC I am in the 2017 club too, but guess what, in two months it will be 2014. Remember when we filed the calendar said 2012

Comment

Congrats on kill'n that first year! Tomorrow I'll be half way in. I don't think there's anything else in life that has had or will have the countdown that our BK does. Good work!
                        Last edited by TheBajan; 10-04-2013, 04:00 PM. Reason: grammar
                        Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
                        Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

Magic I love the way you think! Bajan Happy Half Way!!!!! Woo hoo

Comment

Congratulations! We will be having your Discharge Party before you know it!
                            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by dmc-2008 View Post
                              Thank you! I dont think i could or would have done anything differently. Well, maybe i would have bought a new car. Inot that old, 2006 but it might start nickling me!

I did the 13 for the lien strip. If this finacial decision works it will be the best thing for me and my family. If it doesnt work.... Gulp!
                              A newer car should have been on my priority list, but now I am being nickle and dimed. Just take good care of it and build a savings. I have been lucky, but it is still very frustrating.

We also did it for the lien strip on an old house, but would not do it that way knowing what I now know. We could be buying a newer house now if we were to have filed a 7 and walked on the house, but we did not want to move. I strike this up as lazy and bull headed as many here warned against it. We may make it OK though.

Congrats on your first complete year dmc.
                              11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X