16 payments left to go-Hope we make it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16 payments left to go-Hope we make it

We have 16 months left in our 60 month plan and the time seems to be creeping along. In the meantime I am busy trying to keep our heads above water and not have too many crisis that can screw it up. In the course of our plan my husband has changed jobs two times, and is making less money than when we began, so it is tight. We could not request a lower payment to the trustee and have paid in enough to pay off our mortgage arrears, so I did not attempt it. I just tightened up on spending.

We are working on a modification to our plan currently to to surrender our investment property. I had to complete Sch I & J again and pay more money to the attorney. I hope my numbers are good. I read through some posts here and at the IRS allowances to reference. I am waiting to hear back if our budget is approved. During the course of our plan the only correspondence I have had from the trustee has been a statement of payments made about twice a year. I am nervous to have my case examined again. I really just wanted to be good, pay my payments, and not draw any attention, and for it to be over without a hitch.

I am also waiting to hear from the mortgage company if they will approve a modification on our mortgage. I just feel so ready to be done with all of this. I hope to wrap up my Ch 13 in March 2015, and never get myself in over my head the way the past 15 or so years have been.

Today I spent my last $18 of my weekly food budget on groceries (we get paid again tomorrow, so my budget seems right on) and I have been on a cash basis so that I don't overspend. But this morning when I dressed my daughter I realized she has no pants that both fit and are not stained or with holes. Yet, I don't have any cash to go buy pants, even at the thrift store. This would have been a time in the past I would buy 5 pairs of pants on a credit card. I feel as if we are doing a really great job with a difficult situation. At the beginning of all of this, I had no idea how tough it would be to make it through a 60 month plan. Life is so different without an emergency credit card, or the ability to change housing, cars, or really anything. We had to hunker down, and just work and pay.......

Does the time speed up at the end of this process? I hope it does not seem to drag out any more than it is currently! All I have left to do is hopefully make it through the modification of my plan, and do the final credit counseling course, which I figure I will just get done now. Oh, and not mess anything else up in the meantime!!!

Good luck!!!
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

You will make it.

Comment

You are doing great, hang in there!
        See if you have a freecycle or community bulletin board for clothes toys and truthfully you name ... for free.
        This is a great resource. I got my kid a Settlers Game he'd been wanting that I refused to pay 30 bucks or more for. Also gave away a ton of clothes and books. People are always happy to see their things go to help someone else.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Thanks for the support everyone!

Comment

Hopefully things will speed up for you...

Comment

Fingers are crossed for you. Hope things smooth out even more, soon.

Remember to focus on where you will be when your finished.
              11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X