No announcement yet.

Frugal Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frugal is an UNDERSTATEMENT at my house this year!!!
    Its called NOTHING. Luckily, my child is an adult..
    I have three stockings hung on the fireplace with Lifesavers in them...
    Not in the mood....have been dumpy since Thanksgiving. I already have SAD, GAD and Social Anxiety so the holidays are never good for me, so there isn't more Chapter 13 can add to it....

Comment

Hi mdl:

Hang in there please. There will be some modicum of joy in the day--if only to get past it. NOT LOL Trust me.

I also do not do well at Christmas.

First, my dear Daddy died December 13, 1962 when I was 10. Then after that I had to blast and practically divorce my Mother's side of the family when she went into Alzheimer's disease, and her meddlesome brother, considering himself to be the Family patriarch--proceeded to tell me how I should take care of her. That was December 20, 1985.

Fast forward to November 30, 2013, while 'Hub and I were on our customary vacation in Galveston, my beloved Angelina, my dearest cat, and the subject of my avatar, and username, was killed by a neighbor's pit-bull.

I finally bought and put up a small tree tonight on our kitchen counter. And that is all I can do. The rest of the decorations are still in the boxes, and after I go through them, the bulk of it will probably on the trash fire tomorrow evening.

Other than two small dvds, that is all that 'Hub and I are exchanging this year. 'Hub did encourage me to adopt two adorable kittens. But no gifts are exchanged anywhere else other than what has been mentioned in my earlier posts in this thread.
      Last edited by AngelinaCat; 12-24-2013, 08:10 PM.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I've said this same thing many ways, but I will say it one more time. Happiness is a state of mind. You make your day by choice every day you are fortunate to awake. If you choose to be blue, you will be. The worst day of my life is better today than my father's day today. You see, he died at the age of 52, 30 years ago.

When we had plenty of money, the only Christmas we enjoyed was opening all the junk Walmart Chinese crap on Christmas eve. Then the anti-climax of, "well now that's over", and the spirit dies. NOW we open NO presents, but gift certificates of a back rub, car wash, little favors and promise of needed items when we get money and pay for it cash. We always make the whole week our Christmas by watching old Classic TV movies free. We reserve for a small turkey and are very private people and never have anyone over. We have fun making the whole deal. Then we package four or five leftover kits and drive the little town. We see "Patch" the street person by choice, and drop one off, any others we see that look in need we drop another, etc. We have a ball and it costs us near nothing at all.

Life is what you make it. You have a choice. The human spirit is strong power. If you chose to die in a week, your body will accommodate that. I have seen this power. If you wish to live through a terrible sickness, you will at least live longer until God is done with your job on earth. I have seen that too.

Christmas is not our Lords birth. We don't know the exact date, but we celebrate His coming. Don't forget the REASON FOR THE SEASON. It is NOT for your pleasure. It is for you to rejoice, not party for your own pleasure. Money and stuff does NOT buy PEACE in HEART. YOU must make it so. Get on your knees and have a "Thanks giving" for God the Father for giving us his Son for redemption. Now before I get chastised for voicing Religion, I state this is my opinion only. 'Hub

Safe to open, not advertising.

Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 12-24-2013, 09:08 PM.
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

You've said it all, Hub. God bless you and your family.

Comment

Happiness = not paying off Christmas for the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by 159515951 View Post
              Amen! to that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 159515951 View Post
                Never a truer statement said

Comment

You Guys and Gals are great. As much as I fought the thought of keeping up with the Jones's(even family fall into this catagory) I found myself thinking of their opinions, but in the end the only real choice was that they can take me like I am and support or reject me. The true friendships and love will come my way as needed and I will do everything I can to set myself up to give and receive.

One day at a time is the best I can do currently, but with the little signs here and there I know things will get better.
                  11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Hi Spidge:

You are so right.

Things WILL get better, but sometimes it comes in little baby steps. When I was caring for my Mother, there were times that I felt like I was living 'minute to minute'.

The group, Celtic Woman, sings a song that goes directly to this point, particularly the "Lost the fiends that needed losing" part.

Here is a link to the lyrics:

Celtic Woman "Caledonia": I don't know if you can see The changes that have come over me In these last few days I've been afra...

ETA: Just click on the link and READ the lyrics. I don't trust the 'download a radio app' bit. *Sigh*
                    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 01-02-2014, 01:29 AM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X