Chapter 13 does come off in 7 years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 does come off in 7 years.

I filed Ch 13 in Jan 2007. I pulled my credit reports this week and it was off all 3 of them. I noticed large jumps in my credit karma and Fico score on my Barclays CC this month. So the 7 years for a 13 is dead on.

Good for you and thanks for posting.
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Mayo congrats and thanks for sharing. I thought it was 7 years for completed ch13, but it is always nice to hear confirmation of that!
      Discharged 5/2015

Comment

I had recently pulled on of my credit reports. I filed in spring of 2008 and there was an expected fall off date of spring 2015 on all my IIB accounts.

Do you know how much your score jumped, ball park?

Comment

My fico on my Barclays jumped 75. The credit karma and credit sesame scores were 80 points.

Comment

Thats huge!!!!
            Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

I can also confirm that it will come off after 7 years. My 60 month long Ch 13 plan came off all three major bureaus the month before my 7 year mark, which was 2 months ago. My Fico score now has reached 801 (it was as low as 560 after filing in 2006), and it feels great to have those 7 long and stressful years behind. I now manage my available credit wisely and absolutely use it to my advantage. I urge all of you out there in the middle of a Ch 13 to hang in there because there is light at the end of the tunnel. It is very difficult to stay focused and disciplined enough to finish the plan, but the end result is well worth the sacrifice. I spent years reading threads on this board and used it as motivation to keep on going even when I thought it was going to be impossible to finish. This is actually my first post here, and I hope it inspires others to complete their plans so they can have a normal life again. I know that reading success stories from other members helped me cope with the reality of my circumstances and it helped tremendously. I truly wish all of you going through any type of BK the absolute best of luck!

Comment

that's great news! thank you for posting.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X