top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CH13 Tax returns for under median folks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CH13 Tax returns for under median folks.

I know this will likely differ district to district but am hoping for some shared experiences on the topic.

I am in a Ch13 and last year passed the 3 year mark in a five year plan. I am under median, 3 percent payback, and I was offered and chose the five year plan. The last couple years in January the trustee would send out a reminder to send in any tax refund and a copy of the tax returns, but I have yet to receive the notice this year.

Is it possible that since I am now past the three years the trustee may no longer be interested in the taxes and hopefully any refund?

Of course I will not assume anything, but rather call the attorney when we file the taxes to verify the correct action to take.

Thanks
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

I would guess that it's not likely. If they requested both to begin with they will continue to want both. I would imagine. :-(
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

I ask because of the ability to pay off after three years for under median filers has me thinking.

I plan to call the attorney on this topic and maybe get a pay off even though I am not ready for that yet.
      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
        I ask because of the ability to pay off after three years for under median filers has me thinking.

I plan to call the attorney on this topic and maybe get a pay off even though I am not ready for that yet.
        Definitely check with your attorney. My plan requires submitting the tax refund and tax return. Even though you did not get a notice from the trustee, it could still be required. Actually, this is the first year (in 3) that I DID get a notice from the trustee to send a copy of my tax return and submit any refund.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X