Chapter 13 Discharge Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coronaglen View Post
    nope. Out of riverside county. just east of Los Angeles.
    So how is your trustee? How was your 60 months? Advice? ;-)
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

So I hear my trustee was known for being a hard guy to work with. (but his job was to get the most for the creditors so and basically was not in my corner) i was not allowed to keep a refund of any kind. the only trouble i got into was once when i fell a month behind in my mortgage. that never happened again. they debited my account for trustee payment. so i was never late. i filed all my tax returns and fedexed them. kept the receipts. never had an increase in payment. i was always worried they would. as I made more every year.

I even paid my plan before the 60 months but they extended it to 60 months. Since i didn't pay back 100% I was not allowed to discharge early.

By the way, i paid back 4%. And that number is so low as I had a lien strip.

But my attorneys always answered email and calls and I even moved out of state and came back due to job.

But my advice is a monthly written budget, plan your meals a month at a time. Swear this works. our family2 kids and wife and i once a month took turns picking our meals. also, we both took responsibility for our mess. no fingers were pointed. first year was the hardest but then it was easier.

written budget is so important.

Comment

Ok. I just received in the mail the Chapter 13 Standing Trustee's Final report and account.

My lawyer emailed me the discharge is imminent. But reading online I saw that there is 35 days to wait for objections. Ugh!

I know it's almost over can't wait. They day my wife and I went to court and met with the trustees lawyer and had the plan approved, we had lunch at a great Mexican place nearby. And when we get that discharge. We are going back to same place but the margarita will taste much better!!

Comment

I just got the same notification. I looked at other chapter 13s filed around the same time as mine and it looks like they are all discharged almost exactly 35 days from the time in which the final report was filed. Another 28 days for me!

Comment

Originally posted by coronaglen View Post
            So I hear my trustee was known for being a hard guy to work with. (but his job was to get the most for the creditors so and basically was not in my corner) i was not allowed to keep a refund of any kind. the only trouble i got into was once when i fell a month behind in my mortgage. that never happened again. they debited my account for trustee payment. so i was never late. i filed all my tax returns and fedexed them. kept the receipts. never had an increase in payment. i was always worried they would. as I made more every year.

I even paid my plan before the 60 months but they extended it to 60 months. Since i didn't pay back 100% I was not allowed to discharge early.

By the way, i paid back 4%. And that number is so low as I had a lien strip.

But my attorneys always answered email and calls and I even moved out of state and came back due to job.

But my advice is a monthly written budget, plan your meals a month at a time. Swear this works. our family2 kids and wife and i once a month took turns picking our meals. also, we both took responsibility for our mess. no fingers were pointed. first year was the hardest but then it was easier.

written budget is so important.
            Were you under or over median? Trustee initials RD? I hope to finish early if I can get through my present situation.
            11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X