top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Report from the Trustee - Waiting for discharge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Report from the Trustee - Waiting for discharge!

Got notification that the trustee had filed his final report. The court sent notice to all creditors they have 30 days to object. Hearing scheduled for Jan. 26th. Attorney says that will probably be cancelled if no objections. In over 20 years she's never had anyone object.

Finally almost over!
    Filed Ch 13 10/7/10
    341 11/5/10
    Confirmation 12/15/10

dh7448.. wow, that has to feel so good... I should be a few weeks behind you going by our filed dates... I check NDC everyday just in case something changes. I have 900cr in my acct. It just changed to (K) amount to debtor so I am hoping end of Jan they send that out to get to a zero balance .
    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
    Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
    Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Originally posted by dh7448 View Post
      Got notification that the trustee had filed his final report. The court sent notice to all creditors they have 30 days to object. Hearing scheduled for Jan. 26th. Attorney says that will probably be cancelled if no objections. In over 20 years she's never had anyone object.

Finally almost over!
      dh7448 congratulations at being so close to the finish!!!
      Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Congrats to you all. I still have a bit of time to go so will hauler from the rooftop when it comes.
        11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Curious what your timeline was after making your final payment?

I made mine about 3 weeks ago and have had nothing happen, other than they are still taking money out of my paycheck. I know I'm being impatient, but after 5 years of this I'm anxious to be finished and move on!
          Chapter 13 Filed Feb 2010, Confirmed May 2010
          Last payment made Dec 2014, Awaiting discharge

Comment

FullBoost. I hit the 5 yr mark in Oct . Checking on Pacer there was a Motion to Stop Wage Attachment Nov 7th. I had one more payment come out of my paycheck around Nov 17th which was the final one. Since then nothing is showing on Pacer. However on NDC site, I have had 2 disbursements to my unsecured one at the end of Nov and one at the end of Dec which paid my total % that was due . NDC states my case closed 12-1-14. Weird how they paid them in 4 increments over the past 5 mths to finally get too the total % due to unsecured on my case . And yes, my patience is running thin too, but I do see the light at the end of tunnel... another post states they have 120 days to close but I am not sure when that 120 days starts if its date closed then I might not get discharged till March... wowser
            Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Thanks klandsb..

I just want this part of my life over, and my attorney is so slow to respond when I call with questions (likes weeks or longer)!

I called the trustee's "case mananger" assigned to my case. She claims that once the base plan amount is met, it triggers the closing of the case. She told me that I should have the wage directive order stopped within two weeks (its been almost a month now) and that I should get my discharge within a week or so after that.

Like I said, its been close to a month now with no activity at all. I did file all the final items such as debtor education certificate and domestic support stuff so as far as I know, there is nothing further I need to do.
              Last edited by FullBoost; 01-01-2015, 06:56 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

FullBoost. Just curious are you in a % pay back plan ?? I was told by the trustee office once my account balance is " ZERO" is when the discharge occurs. Have any disbursements been made to your creditors yet if need be ?? Did you check pacer too see if the Motion to Terminate Wage Attachment was filed ?? and if so when .
                Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

I am in a 100% plan.

I do have access to pacer and I check it often, so far nothing new.

Comment

I think you definitely need to speak with your attorney then. They are the ones, in my case ,that sent my employer the form telling them to stop the garnishment. I called my attorneys office over a month ago and still haven't gotten a return phone call ...ughhh. Luckily , I can live without their advice and am just riding it out and hoping I have no snags till discharge.
                    Also, did you check NDC to see if any creditors have been paid ?? I know how you feel with wanting it too be over... we just have to let everything fall into place as it will. We have little to no control over the process.
                    Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

I did check NDC, and I do about once a week. They did a disbursement on Dec 1st (before i had made my final payment). I haven't noticed yet if they did one for January yet but I will probably know soon I guess.

Comment

Congrats! I am confused though. I thought in a 13, the creditors are given the chance to object to the repayment plan, but no one can object to the discharge if all payments have been made. Am I wrong on that?
                        Filed Ch 13 - 2/2010
                        341 meeting - 4/2010
                        Confirmed! - 6/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Lissy View Post
                          Congrats! I am confused though. I thought in a 13, the creditors are given the chance to object to the repayment plan, but no one can object to the discharge if all payments have been made. Am I wrong on that?
                          I am curious too.

What if all the payments were not made on time?

What if you were to pay a secured creditor late while in BK and have new arrears?

What if you took on new debt without permission?

There has to be a reason for the process.
                          11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

If your TT payments were not made on time, your case would have been dismissed. Not sure what happens if you have new arrears and/or new debt without permission. In the case of new debt, I don't think those creditors would matter because that debt isn't covered by the BK if it was obtained after filing. But assuming none of that is true, why would anyone object or even be given the chance to object?
                            Filed Ch 13 - 2/2010
                            341 meeting - 4/2010
                            Confirmed! - 6/2010

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
                              I am curious too.

...What if you were to pay a secured creditor late while in BK and have new arrears?

Had something similar come up after discharge. County had a tax bill that had not been listed when I filed as I had no idea anything was owed. Kinda sucked as I would have gladly paid it, instead it had accrued interest over the time period that added to the total. Fortunately, it was only about $50. They couldn't notify me of the debt while in the 13 and risk violating the law, I guess. What got me was I had been paying all property taxes outside of plan with no hesitation on their part on sending a bill for that. You would think that they would mention the outstanding balance since I was paying in person each time a bill came due.

A year since last payment and no other surprises. Life is good after bankruptcy.
                              Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X