top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Base plan amount paid, but still taking payments..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Base plan amount paid, but still taking payments..

I have paid my entire base plan amount in full in early december, however they continue taking payments out of my check at work. They just took the 3rd one on the 15th.

I did speak with my attorney who called the trustee's office. Apparently in my district, once you pay the baseplan amount off it triggers the closing of the case. Thats all fine and dandy but sure seems like they would stop the wage directive as soon as the baseplan is met!

Ok rant over!
    Chapter 13 Filed Feb 2010, Confirmed May 2010
    Last payment made Dec 2014, Awaiting discharge

Fullboost seriously they took another one !!! I feel your pain. In my case they kept taking my wage attachment but stopped paying my secured debts. I tried to argue my case & it was a total waste of time. Finally the wage attachment ended . I had to make double payments to my secured (thank god for available overtime at work) . They just made my last disbursements to my creditors in January and left them all with pennies owed to a total of 12 cents. Waiting to see if they send them another payment this month for the pennies showing as owed on my ledger. Last disbursement to trustee was 1 penny. Unbelievable to me but as I have learned I have no control when and where that money goes. I just want this over & done. Pacer is showing letters sent to my mort & helco which states they have 21days to dispute anything this week so that puts me into Feb. I keep telling myself you are so close just be patient and let the cards fall where they may... its hard ...
    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
    Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
    Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Ya thank you! It just seems like if I paid the base plan amount they would stop the wage directive but of course what do I know. Oh well, I guess I will plan to have them continue taking the payment until I get advised thru the court they have stopped. And yes thank God for overtime! Its saved my bacon during my 13.

Comment

I contacted the trustee's office today and discovered they have been waiting for a month to get my attorney to submit a credit counseling course (the one you have to take at the beginning of your ch 13)! Argh!!

I got on the phone with my attorney and they submitted it right away so now everything is filed. They should be sending my employer the order to stop the wage directive this week.

Hopefully be all wrapped up within a few weeks.

Comment

Examine your Chapter 13 Confirmation document. If you were required to pay your plan base amount with no other stipulations that would modify the plan base amount at any time during the payment period, you will receive a refund of all money paid in that is in excess of the court-ordered amount. Orders to stop payroll deductions are often submitted late- just an inconvenience that will be dealt with eventually.

Comment

Fullboost.... finally it sounds like your wage attachment is ending. I didn't realize how anxious I would be to have this bankruptcy over and done. I just thought hit my plan base, hit the 5 year (60 mth) mark and discharge granted. Ummmm not so much... Its been a long 5 years so I tell myself whats a few more months, right ??? Hang in there
            Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
            Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
            Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Hey thank you!

My trustee's caseworker assigned to my case filed the document needed to stop the wage directive and was nice enough to email it to me. I forwarded it to my payroll clerk who said she would stop the wage directive today!

Woo Hoo!

Now everything is moving and hope to get my discharge in the next few weeks, but its nice knowing I am done making payments!

Comment

Nice!!!!!!!!!!
                11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Logged on to NDC this morning and now it shows my status as "J - Completed"! Also shows case has been closed! Woo Hooo finally, now just waiting to get the actual discharge. Shouldn't be long now!

Comment

Five long years is right...my last payment is 2/26/15 and the last month has felt like 5 years! Isn't it amazing. I must check the NDC and pacer 5000 times a day. I have $5,200 available funds and $4000 left to be paid on an account. I just want her to pay it...pleeease! The wait is agonizing. I can relate. Hang in there!

Comment

You are so close! Gongrats!
                      Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X