• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre Discharge Counseling?

Hi,

My BK is done June 2015. YESSSSSS

Case Status Z-About to Close Notation in National Data center

How soon before the final payment do I need to complete the Pre discharge counseling course?

How does the court get notified that you completed the course?

Does it matter who I take the course from online?

My BK is in Florida

Thanks

You should prob get that done. You lawyer can tell u where. Also i think you enter your BK number so they know' congrats! Wish it were me too!
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Thanks....I remember thinking that I would NEVER get there...and BAM....feels sooooo good.....

Comment

You lucky!!!!!!
        Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Take the final course now and have the certificates sent to your lawyer. Your lawyer post on pacer and that is how the trustee is notified.
          Discharged 5/2015

Comment

I was able to find an approved list of counseling companies on line. And entered my bk number and atty's info. My trustee okayed me to take the course before my last payment was made so that and the form about support were entered the same day.

Comment

Thanks to all, my attorney has a list of providers of the course

Comment

make sure your TRUSTEE approves the online course you choose... attorney may provide list and it should be an approved list the trustee accepts, in theory - however it doesnt always work out that way.

FYI - ensure once you complete it you send a HARD COPY via snail mail with tracking to not only the Trustee's office but also your attorney. Do not rely on the course sending it via email to make it there; ours did not make it. We provided copies and then called once it showed "delivered" to attorney and since the Trustee's mail is a PO box, we had to wait about a week to ensure they received it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X