converting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

converting

Would it be best to have an attorney convert a 13 to a 7 or is something that an individual could do themselves? From reading I know a motion would need to be filed with the court to get permission to convert, where could I obtain this form, a the court house? or could I get it on the internet?
    Discharged 2/27/06, closed 6/1/06

Originally posted by newstart View Post
    Would it be best to have an attorney convert a 13 to a 7 or is something that an individual could do themselves? From reading I know a motion would need to be filed with the court to get permission to convert, where could I obtain this form, a the court house? or could I get it on the internet?
    Frankly, if you don't know what forms need to be filed, you should have a lawyer review your paperwork, prepare and file the Motion, take care of any changes in your schedules, and represent you at the new Meeting of Creditors.

Brett Weiss

Maryland, DC and Federal bars
    Member, National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
    Last edited by SinkingFast; 09-02-2006, 12:49 PM. Reason: Deleted Advertising

Comment

I know many people on this board have done it pro se and they can shed light on this for you; give you the pros and cons.

My personal opinion is to use a lawyer. I would hate for anything to get messed up or a file not filed right or on time. Something as big as bankruptcy, I prefer to let someone who is an expert in the matter handle it.
      Date Filed: 12/19/2004
      341 Meeting: 2/8/2005
      Date Case Confirmed: 7/12/2005
      Closed on Refinance/Chapter 13 Buyout 8/23/06

Comment

newstart, I would recommend an attorney. In my opinion, there are too many things that could get screwed up.
        Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
        Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
        Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X