Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus he didn't start off here by advertising, he put it in his signature, but all his posts seem to be answering questions, not specifically advertising his business! I would think that if someone starts out advertising, then "helps" later then they should not be able to advertise, but someone that comes and starts answering questions right away instead of introducing his business would be a great asset to this board!

Comment

But after reading MinnyMouth's post, I can understand why they won't allow it.

Sorry to see you go Brett!

Comment

Thanks Mini, your post explains why he isn't allowed to include his signature.

I would have to say that at times, laymen are asking for, and at times, giving legal information even if they don't realize it. Many times it is wrong (as evidenced from this thread).

I think we all have to step back and make sure we don't use this forum for getting or giving legal advice. I know I usually accept what is said as correct unless I know better...that is dangerous!
        Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
        Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
        Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

The minute a new member signs on - answers a question - and then follows with his name, business, phone numbers, type of practice, etc..... then he is legally advertising his business office...

Same thing applies to mortgage companies, credit counseling, etc.....

Advertising is adversting no matter how it gets in the "print".....

As before, if Mr. Weiss had made previous arrangements, (followed the correct "legal process - as he calls it), there probably would not have been an issue raised regarding his business signature.

As before, follow the proper procedures, things work..............

I too, would have been very interested in his input he could offer all of us..... but even Mr. Weiss is not in the position to tell the Administrator how to run his site.....

No matter how good he "might be"......

AS ALWAYS..... any legal or suggestion of "legal advice" should always be directed to your attorney for verification in your state....

Any links for "laws, rules, processes - state and federal" should be taken as to "where" the link came from - private individual, state laws, federal laws... etc...

Laws do change - and change quickly - that's why we advise seeing your attorney regarding many issues.

Last of my thoughts about the subject.....

MINNY
          Last edited by Minnymouth; 09-05-2006, 04:31 AM. Reason: add on
          Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Is it too late?

Brett, why not open a disccusion with the administrators (in private, of course) and see if you can work out an agreement that adheres to their rules.

It could be a win/win for all!

Comment

Originally posted by Minnymouth View Post
              The minute a new member signs on - answers a question - and then follows with his name, business, phone numbers, type of practice, etc..... then he is legally advertising his business office...

Same thing applies to mortgage companies, credit counseling, etc.....

Advertising is adversting no matter how it gets in the "print".....

As before, if Mr. Weiss had made previous arrangements, (followed the correct "legal process - as he calls it), there probably would not have been an issue raised regarding his business signature.

As before, follow the proper procedures, things work..............

I too, would have been very interested in his input he could offer all of us..... but even Mr. Weiss is not in the position to tell the Administrator how to run his site.....

No matter how good he "might be"......

AS ALWAYS..... any legal or suggestion of "legal advice" should always be directed to your attorney for verification in your state....

Any links for "laws, rules, processes - state and federal" should be taken as to "where" the link came from - private individual, state laws, federal laws... etc...

Laws do change - and change quickly - that's why we advise seeing your attorney regarding many issues.

Last of my thoughts about the subject.....

MINNY
              This is the bottom line folks! Interlaw was given the opportunity to post here, and to eventually include his Ad Signature in his profile. But he voluntarily excerised his choice not to. The rules are the rules!! If Interlaw wishes to discuss this matter further...we'll discuss it with him via PM.

Remember folks - this is a support and informational forum for bankruptcy!!! No one is authorized to practice law here!!! If you want legal advice consult an attorney directly!
              Last edited by HRx; 09-05-2006, 05:10 AM.
              The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Minny,

Had my post not been altered for supposedly "bashing" a moderator, you would have been able to see that I specifically stated that I was not aware of the policies, by my own fault. In addition, I take issue with a post being edited with that label for simply disagreeing with something that was stated by a moderator. I did not call names, nor do I think I was rude in any manner. I simply stated that I thought the way Brett's post was responded to was inappropriate.

Thank you for the clarification of the policies, however. I too hope that Brett continues to post. His signature (here, and anywhere else I've seen him post) does not seem to solicit business inquiries, only to educate that he is an attorney and that you should get your own personal legal advice for your situation. Seeing as he is only licensed to practice in a couple of states, I imagine that would limit trolling for new business significantly.

I had hoped my first posts on this board would be a little more enlightening and less offensive than they seem to have been interpreted. Oh well, so much for that "first impression..." !!

Comment

Originally posted by lizzyb View Post
                  Minny,

Had my post not been altered for supposedly "bashing" a moderator, you would have been able to see that I specifically stated that I was not aware of the policies, by my own fault. In addition, I take issue with a post being edited with that label for simply disagreeing with something that was stated by a moderator. I did not call names, nor do I think I was rude in any manner. I simply stated that I thought the way Brett's post was responded to was inappropriate.
                  I strongly suggest you take the time to familiarize yourself of this forum's Rules. Your post wasn't altered! One sentenced was removed. The rule you broke is below for your reading.

The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Due to the fact that this thread has disintegrated so, I am closing the thread for further posting.

Members bashing other members and forcing Moderators to intervene serves no useful purpose for the Forum as a whole.
                    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                    Discharged - 12/2006
                    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X