top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We made our Last chapter 13 payment...now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We made our Last chapter 13 payment...now what?

We made our last $1,100 payment. 36 of them. Now what?
    Do we wait for papers?

We only have a house payment. We just received the car titles in
    the mail.

1 car is about to die. So we are thinking about getting a car.

But that's it. We need a car to go to work. We both work.
    But we are in no hurry. Maybe before the heavy winter months.

What happens now that we made our last payment?

Thanks!

The Trustee will have to perform an Audit of your Ch 13 plan. That's where they go thru the payments you paid, tally the $$$'s coming in, compare that to which Creditors got paid what and balance out your acct.

Once the Trustee has performed the Audit, and everything checks out A-OK, you'll be Discharged and Closed. If you happened to pay in any extra monies that did not get claimed, the Trustee will refund that to you as well.

Once you're discharged and closed, you're debt free and you can do as you please.

If you find you need to do something about your car situation prior to the "Official Discharge", you might want to contact the Trustee's office just to be on the safe side.

CONGRATS on successfully completing your Ch 13 Payment Plan!!
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Congrats on getting thru it!!! WELL DONE

Comment

Thanks! It's been very tough. I think our car can last until
        we get our taxes back. Pray for a mild winter and get some
        new tires.

I guess its not done until the fat lady sings......LOL

I just looked on our summary. It says last payment $200.00

If we owe that I can send it in with my next paycheck.

That summary and case information is so confusing.

Comment

Tell me.... been haggling now for a month for a payoff figure and still nothing because the ***** trustee refuses to confirm. UNREAL.... Nothing blasts any of these idiots to do anything. The lawyer sits and waits and does nothing proactive. She's still haggling over my food bills and I'm offering to PAY IT OFF.... I've called the US Trustee who is supposedly looking in on this mess. I just want it over with.... I cashed out retirement money rather than spend another 2-3 years with these *****es in my life. I'm waving 40,000 at them and she still haggles over the damned schedules.

This is the most imbecilic and degrading thing I've ever had to endure....Even the idiot lawyer can't understand why I just don't PAY monthly and stop asking for a PAY OFF and DISCHARGE.....

Comment

Originally posted by drednm View Post
            Tell me.... been haggling now for a month for a payoff figure and still nothing because the ***** trustee refuses to confirm. UNREAL.... Nothing blasts any of these idiots to do anything. The lawyer sits and waits and does nothing proactive. She's still haggling over my food bills and I'm offering to PAY IT OFF.... I've called the US Trustee who is supposedly looking in on this mess. I just want it over with.... I cashed out retirement money rather than spend another 2-3 years with these *****es in my life. I'm waving 40,000 at them and she still haggles over the damned schedules.

This is the most imbecilic and degrading thing I've ever had to endure....Even the idiot lawyer can't understand why I just don't PAY monthly and stop asking for a PAY OFF and DISCHARGE.....
            I can understand your flustration. The courts work in there time, not our time. I would just put that 40K in a savings account like emigrant direct or other high yielding savings account and try and be patient. I hope that with the 40K it will be enough for you to pay 100% of your debt off. If not, you'll lose your 40K plus still be in a chapter 13.
            Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
            Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
            Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Why did you go into a Chapter 13 for a couple of months if you intended to draw out your retirement and pay the debts..... YOU NEED TO WAIT 36 MONTHS I believe in order to do a payout without increasing your percentage of payout to 100%.....

If your plan was for 50% - now you will pay 100% of your debts back and have accomplished nothing.....

You could have done all this without hitting yourself with a bankruptcy also if that is what you had planned to do with the retirement money....

Now you may be in a postion where the retirement money is applied to the debts and you may still owe debts afterwards.......

Hope you haven't made a grave mistake here doing this....

Keep us posted.....
              Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

I just read your story on another thread. Dude, you need to wait until you have made 36 months of payments before you go in with a payoff figure unless you plan on 100%. I agree with what Minny said above as well. Now might not be the time to get the US trustee involved, especially if you have 40k setting around in the bank account!!!

Comment

as far as I can tell it's 100% so what's the difference??? 22 months and still not confirmed? It's BS and I can't satnd it any more. The trustee is still haggling over FODD BILLS and keeps saying I have MORE disposable income even though I'm paying 50% of my takehome pay (over $1,700).... I could probably just make the payments if this trustee wasn't such a ***** about everything. BUT she refuses to confirm and case so we're constantly having to file ENDLESS rounds of the same crap over and over and over and it's total harassment.

The US trustee said I have the right to pay off at any time.... I'll be calling her again next week..... The judge even said in August 2005 that this case needed CLOSURE... and here we are a year later still haggling over bills....

Comment

as far as I can tell it's 100% so what's the difference??? 22 months and still not confirmed? It's BS and I can't satnd it any more. The trustee is still haggling over FODD BILLS and keeps saying I have MORE disposable income even though I'm paying 50% of my takehome pay (over $1,700).... I could probably just make the payments if this trustee wasn't such a ***** about everything. BUT she refuses to confirm and case so we're constantly having to file ENDLESS rounds of the same crap over and over and over and it's total harassment.

The US trustee said I have the right to pay off at any time.... I'll be calling her again next week..... The judge even said in August 2005 that this case needed CLOSURE... and here we are a year later still haggling over bills....
                    Here is my advice....
                    Call your attorney and tell him your willing to work with the trustee to get your case confirmed. If your paying $1700/month now, tell your attorney to call the trustee and offer $1800/month to get it confirmed. I believe your attorney has a legal obligation to make the offer if you tell him/her to.

Once you get the case confirmed, then you can start haggling with them on a payoff. You may be in a legal way trying to put the cart before the horse.

Comment

Originally posted by Mya2007 View Post
                      We made our last $1,100 payment. 36 of them. Now what?
                      Do we wait for papers?

We only have a house payment. We just received the car titles in
                      the mail.

1 car is about to die. So we are thinking about getting a car.

But that's it. We need a car to go to work. We both work.
                      But we are in no hurry. Maybe before the heavy winter months.

What happens now that we made our last payment?

Thanks!
                      Wow! CONGRATULATIONS!! What an accomplishment!!

Funny, I just made my last payment as well (I did a buyout) and I was going to start this same thread. This morning, I looked online and showed the money for the payoff being received and it showed my status as AWAITING DISHCARGE. Hopefully, the audit will go quick...they are holding onto $4,600 from my last two payments that they didn't disperse.

How long does it tyipcally take to get the car titles?
                      Date Filed: 12/19/2004
                      341 Meeting: 2/8/2005
                      Date Case Confirmed: 7/12/2005
                      Closed on Refinance/Chapter 13 Buyout 8/23/06

Comment

We got our titles a couple of weeks ago.

But our last payment was 08/25/06

Comment

SOOOO AWESOME!!! I am very very very proud of you for sticking thru all this!

Ang

Comment

As Minny has previously said, "everyone has a boss." You may want to bring it to that judge's attention that you still can't get closure over a year later.
                            *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

Congratulations on your completion of your chapter 13. Everytime that I read that someone made it through the Chapter 13 payment process I do a little happy dance. It give me hope that I can make it through mine too.
                              sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X