top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Straight to the point questions (gambling)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Straight to the point questions (gambling)

Hi all,

First, great forum.

My situation: I have about 18 000$ debts, at least 10 000$ of those debts come from gambling. I took some LOANS to pay my credit card and as soon as I got them, I always paid the credit cards and never cashed them out. I have an ok job where I make about 1800$ net every month. I about 18 000$ on my visa and 200$ on my american express. My gambling debts were MOSTLY on websites on the internet, also, I withdrew a bit of money from the ATM. 1800$ is not a lot of money knowing that I will NEED to buy a car soon, I pay rent, student loan, food, entertainement etc. etc. Here are my questions and I would be VERY VERY VERY GRATEFUL if you answer them.

1) Do I have a good chance of being discharged if no gambling shows minimum 90 days before I fil for bankruptcy.

2) I pay rent to my family where I live, will I have to PROVE THAT (400$ a month) knowing that I pay CASH ONLY.

3) My old car is a total piece of crap, is it OK for me to buy A CAR (2000$) with a credit card 90 days before filling bankruptcy, knowing that I could probably payback 1000$ on that car.

3.1) Also, I really need that car in the next few months, can they consider it as a luxury item if it is a 2000$ car?

4) VERY IMPORTANT question------> If I put another 500$ on that AMERICAN Express and end up having 700$ on it, will American Express OPPOSE my discharge for a tiny amount like that? My question is basically: When the creditors OPPOSE your bankruptcy, do they COMBINE all the debts together, or is it American Express on one side (therefore they wont oppose discharge for 700$ and visa on the side?

5) Worst scenario EVER, but do you think that based on my situation mentioned above, my discharged could be REJECTED and I would have to pay every penny back ? I highly doubt it, but I am just asking.

Thanks!
    Last edited by chucho26; 11-21-2016, 07:54 AM.

Two questions:

1) Are you in Canada? Your profile says you are in Ontario. Really I'm asking: will you be filing bankruptcy in the US? If not, I can't provide insight into what happens in Canada.
    2) You have two threads started about the same topic. It would be more effective to only post one, since there tends to be questions/answers back and forth. A second post makes that repetitive/confusing.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X