top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question...finally near closing of my case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question...finally near closing of my case?

My Chapter 7 was discharged 12/4/16. I never received the "No distribution of assets" and the case remained opened, as my Trustee wanted my 2016 tax returns. Trustee received my tax filings 2/24/16 per instructions from him.
    Today, I look on PACER and a new filing date of 3/1/17 was posted. I went to the docket report and see the typical blurb of the "No distribution of assets" and the Trustee being asked to be finished with this case.
    My question is, it said FILED and today's date BUT it was not in the RSS feed showing this was done. Also, with everything else filed, it shows me how many pages and that I can see the document. There is a blank area in that spot.
    I have seen on the RSS feed that this trustee does have cases come up and its states the "Non distribution of assets" along with the closing of the case at the same time recently.
    If PACER shows this has been filed 3/1/17, how come it didn't show on the RSS feed and also, why wouldn't he close it as well since I have been discharged since 12/4/16?
    Does someone else have to "approve" this and close it..then does it show up? I thought maybe he left off and forgot to finish with my case and it is in limbo land today, but it says it was filed per PACER.
    Its been 8 very long months...I am ready to see a closed case. Thanks for any input.

It's normal for there not to be a document linked to the Trustee's Report of No Distribution. If you click on the circle preceding the document name, it will have the text there.

As far as a closure, the time varies, but will likely happen soon. What is the status showing -- and are there any flags listed?

Comment

No flags. Status is discharged (but I have been discharged for a couple of months). This trustee will not close a case until he sees that years tax returns. He has mine and it seems he has decided to not take the meager refund I am getting to distribute out as an asset case. Just wondered, as I see on the RSS feed a simultaneous "Non-distribution and closed case" in the same filing. Just wondered since he did the non-distribution, why he didn't file to close it as well....or if he can or if someone else has to "close" it?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X