Mortgage lates after discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage lates after discharge

I posted before about possibly giving up house. We are still unsure as I have a job promotion that I am moving for. This requires significant $ for down payment etc for new apartment. I will be making much more so in the long run it is a great thing. We are also working on renting out our house.

I am pretty sure the answer is it wouldn't matter but can a 30 or 60 day late hurt my credit anymore than the discharge. We did not do a reaffirmation. I have never been 30 days late on the mortgage and so far my scores are in the 700's I just don't want to screw that up.

My understanding is the mortgage is closed on my credit report. As long as I catch up before the move to foreclose (and even that may be a while, I should be ok.) Just wanted to confirm this.

I will have the money once my new salary kicks in next month but need this months mortgage for security, etc.

Thanks!

As long as you did not reaffirm, the late payments are post-petition, the creditor did not successfully challenge the changeability, and you receive the discharge for the mortgage, then post-petition late payments should not be reported to your credit report. The entire account should report with a $0 balance as "included in bankruptcy" or something to that effect.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X