Potential filer - question about expenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potential filer - question about expenses

I’ve been considering filing as my parents have done so a couple of years ago and it helped them tremendously. Anyway, I will most likely get a lawyer but I’ve been using Upsolve to kind of see what the process is like. I’m stuck on expenses as my income was more than my expenses which made the system say that it’s not recommended that I file. I live in FL and currently make 41k/yr. My take home is 2700 month (and that’s with me and my daughter’s health insurance being deducted). I pay about 1600/mo to my debts – minimum payments (personal loans, credit cards, student loans, and auto loan).

Are expenses cross checked with bank statements? I live with my girlfriend and our young daughter. Our rent is 900/mo but we split it. So I listed the actual amount that I pay which is 450 on expenses. Upsolve’s expense sheet stuff like food, utilities, entertainment, insurance. We currently are not paying for childcare as my mother babysits when we’re working. I’m not sure if I should put childcare expenses when that wouldn’t be on my bank statements. We split a lot of our bills and I actually send her the rent every month to her checking account since we pay online and the system doesn’t let us split payments. Would that be an issue? Also, my girlfriend claims our child on her taxes so I figure that means I file with a family of 1 instead of 2, correct?

Not sure if Ch. 7 is possible for me. I have no property or assets besides household items like bed, couch, TV, etc.

Chapter 7 is possible for you if your income is below the means in your state. You don't have to have any assets to file chapter 7.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X