Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxes Filed!

I think I may have just screwed up.
    W2s have finished coming in and I had been inputting the info to file our taxes, and when the last w2 hit, we filed. Problem is we filed for chap 7 bankruptcy in January. Things quieted down around here and we had been able to live and breath, kinda forgot about BK and we still have pending 341 is next month.
    My lawyer never mentioned about when/how or not to file. Sent an email to them letting them know of my screw up.
    will I need to amend or change anything for filed taxes?

My attorney told me to file like normal and the trustee requested our files return. We filed chap 7 on 1/16 and I filed taxes 2/11...last week the trustee emailed me and my attorney to “forward the tax return to the address below upon receiving “ attorney said that’s expected and that we will have to write her a check for the full refund amount. Sad day but at least it should be the only time we have to give our taxes away

Comment

Thank you, Aloha! Bankruptcy has been such an eye opening experience for us! My attorney finally got back to me and said basically the samething yours told you. Except we will be able to exempt any refunds due and any 1099c's for owed taxes will be due on next years taxes, and even then she said we would attach a 928form. So far so good!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X