Income/Expenses looks off/normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Income/Expenses looks off/normal?

Last few years, I've been unemployed/live with parents rent free due to health stuff. I have no income to report and they support with my basic needs. I'm going pro-se using Upsolve now and says parent's contribution to support with anything for basic living -house,utilities,food,phone,etc is 'income'.
    Question: House/utilities - I would find out their cost of monthly mortgage/utilities and divide by ppl in the house to find out my portion?

Then asks about my expense, again, says even if someone pays for these expenses for you, list it as yours -rent(my portion IF I had to pay parents rent), food/restaurant, personal products/meds, phone/cable,clothes/laundry, etc. Also asks for expense amount for each utilities, which I haven't included, but I probably should? because I use it too, but parents pay for?

And when it was all tallied up, my expenses seems to be much higher than income --approx $200 more. Am I under reporting my income?or over estimating my expenses? In my case, I estimated about $500/mo 'income' and expenses was much higher. In my situation, should I adjust my income a bit higher? I'm assuming it should be about the same cuz they contribute $ for my expenses and anything they support me with is income. Would that be right? At the end, I basically have no disposable income... =(

Do you have a local Pro Bono clinic that can help you with this? Many of the bankruptcy courthouses have attorneys that offer a Pro Bono or a Pro Se clinic for filers.

I can't tell you the rules for NJ, but you would follow the means test and list the "USTP" allowances for your rent/expense. No one "pays" your rent because you live with parents, but this is the means test and how it works.

On your Schedule I/J that can get tricky, but the thought is that is forward looking.

I highly recommend seeking a Pro Bono clinic in your area.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X