Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone walk me through filing a motion to redeem my car per se.

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what would I need and how to do it?

thanks?

So it looks like my atty would charge me $1000 to file.

I've seen the forms and they look straight forward.

i just don't know where to send the paper work

Comment

I actually received the forms, pre-filled, from one of my auto lenders. I haven't returned them since I haven't even gone through my 341 meeting yet.
      Filed Ch. 7 (Pro Se) - 12/28/18; 341 Meeting - 1/29/19; Report of No Distribution - 2/7/2019; Reaffirmation Hearing - 3/6/19; Discharged - 4/2/2019!

Comment

Originally posted by sadman
        I have a sample Motion to Redeem in my blog. I think I have many posts about Redemption as well. Your local court may already have a standardized motion template. There are several things that you need to do, the most important is that the Motion to Redeem should be a Day 1 motion, and you need to secure financing (as the Motion to Redeem should disclose that you have financing already secured).

Originally posted by ichigo View Post
        I actually received the forms, pre-filled, from one of my auto lenders. I haven't returned them since I haven't even gone through my 341 meeting yet.
        Do you mean you are going to reaffirm? Redemption is totally different.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

You are correct justbroke. I received reaffirmation paperwork, not redemption. Completely different.
          Filed Ch. 7 (Pro Se) - 12/28/18; 341 Meeting - 1/29/19; Report of No Distribution - 2/7/2019; Reaffirmation Hearing - 3/6/19; Discharged - 4/2/2019!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X