Not sure if I am waiting for another shoe to drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if I am waiting for another shoe to drop

As far as I can tell from Pacer and from notices in the mail, my Chapter 7 case was discharged and closed in a timely manner.

However, four months ago and right before filing, my lawyer emailed me a few questions along with this phrase:
    I will need to provide the balances in each of the bank accounts on the date of filing and the money in those accounts on the date of filing is NOT exempt and will have to be turned over to the trustee...
    There was money in my bank accounts although much of it was in the process of going towards mortgage and other payments which had not yet been withdrawn. I think I had over $2,500 in the accounts but if you took into account what was "in process" at the time, it was likely a few hundred. I am not sure if they take into account the "in process" payments. I am not sure of anything, actually.

Despite that, I am sitting here with everything complete including a letter from my lawyer telling me that he has fulfilled his obligations.

When do they come after me for the funds that were in my account? Who will I hear from? What form of payment will they require?

I have not seen this discussed previously and am quite confused that I have no idea how much I have to put aside to settle this.

The lawyer has been unresponsive (I have my case closed and he has his money, so that is likely his logic).

Anyone know what I am talking about?

Thanks.

You have nothing to worry about. To the best of my knowledge, that issue would have been settled at your meeting with the creditors. I had about 2500 as well and after the trustee looked at my secured debts he told me to have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by BKTexBCS View Post
      You have nothing to worry about. To the best of my knowledge, that issue would have been settled at your meeting with the creditors. I had about 2500 as well and after the trustee looked at my secured debts he told me to have a nice day.
      Thanks!

That seems to be what it is looking like. I cannot find anything about funds being collected after the case is closed.

Hope this is how it works.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X