top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens to debtors property if things go bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
    Because you keep tinkering with this, I really really want you to go to a Pro Bono / Pro Se clinic and have someone walk you through this. Sometimes it's a term of art. Is an "expired lease" the same as a verbal or something that was originally a month-to-month lease? This is where a local attorney earns their pay by knowing local practice. For example, it is sometimes practice to list on Schedule G but not on the mailing matrix for an expired lease. It may also be practice to sometimes not list it at all. These are legal questions that I cannot answer.
    Turns on I found the local rules say this:

LBR 1007-1. LISTS, SCHEDULES, AND STATEMENTS

(a) Master Mailing List.

(1) General. A master mailing list must be filed with the voluntary petition in the
    format specified in the Court Manual. Unless otherwise ordered, the master mailing
    list must includ
    e the name, mailing address, and zip code of each creditor listed on
    Schedules D, E/F, G, and H
    In typical confusing legal-weasel rule making , the italics generic disclaimer of 'unless otherwise ordered', completely weakens the 'must include ... creditors on D,E/F,G, and H'. Typical legal high priests "we will tell you if you are correct or not, these are the rules, we make them up as we go along...and only our buddies in the trade will know what the wink, and nod here means."

Safest bet is include landlord. I dont think they can evict anyways if you declare bk... only for non payment or bad behaviour. Im just gonna trust God on this one and do what the rules says i 'must'.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X