Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sold some things on eBay before filing, but...

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold some things on eBay before filing, but...

Hi, again,

So about two months ago, before I even considered filing Ch7, I started selling some things on eBay to try and cover living expenses. It was mainly musical gear, along with some sporting goods and a video game. All told, I sold $240.50 worth of stuff to 7 different people. I want to make sure I list it on the petition because (a) assets were transferred, even though, had I kept them, the amount I sold them for would still put me well within IL's $4,000 wild card exemption; and (b) three of the charges on my credit card within the last 90 days were shipping fees for some of those items. There isn't enough space on F107, line 18 to list 7 people. Any suggestions?

Personally, I would group them into categories and list the name as "Ebay Sale" with the approximate date. Such as "Misc. Music Equipment," "Misc. Sporting Goods," and "Misc. Video Game(s)." The Trustee is just trying to see large items that you "transferred" (sold) and whether your received value. For each of those "Misc." entries, I would put the actual items sold in the "description" box with the value.

At teast, that's how I would do it.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      Personally, I would group them into categories and list the name as "Ebay Sale" with the approximate date. Such as "Misc. Music Equipment," "Misc. Sporting Goods," and "Misc. Video Game(s)." The Trustee is just trying to see large items that you "transferred" (sold) and whether your received value. For each of those "Misc." entries, I would put the actual items sold in the "description" box with the value.

At teast, that's how I would do it.
      Makes sense, especially since nothing I sold is all that large. That said, I think I'll still type up an itemized list of names/addresses/etc in case the Trustee asks. Thanks!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X