Question on expenses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on expenses?

I've been traveling a lot, for over a year, I spend about $350 on gas. Is that an issue?
    can you have any income left over for a chapter 7? I currently take home about $1800, my lawyer said I'm fine unless I have like an extra $800. I don't trust him though. Without lying or inflating my expenses I might have a few hundred left over. That's because I currently live home and supposed to pay rent but my parents are letting me slide due to the trouble I'm in. I can't just start paying rent, I'm afraid that would be considered fraud. Although I was paying $500 at one point. Not for awhile though.

Just about a few hundred is okay. Significantly over that is likely not okay. Many people severely underestimate their expenses, but there's even more to this. If you are are under-the-median income for your family size and county, then you would "pass" the so-called Means Test. There is a presumption that those that earn less than the median income are deserving of a Chapter 7 discharge.

Now, a really large amount of "disposable income" may peek the interest of the United States Trustee (UST). Trust your attorney. You pay them to worry and fight your battles with the UST/Trustee. In 95% of cases, this is not an issue at all.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X