top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody checked out the Credit Forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody checked out the Credit Forums?

Last night I posted on the Credit Forum boards.Wow,I didn't know they were so anti-BK! I was told to run a home daycare,cut out extras etc.Has anyone else had this experience?They make it sound like anyone can avoid BK if they work hard enough

Did you post in the BK section of the credit boards? I have not experienced that over there, but I've always posted in the BK section of the boards.

Comment

Stay Away

Stay away from negative input, it's just brings you down. We all make mistakes, some of us are paying the consequences. This is a positive board no matter how stupid my mistakes were and are, I feel I've got support in here.
      People with money - or good money management will never understand us. They'll just make you feel bad. Like the rich, they have money - so they don't know what hard work is.

Best wishes, Catchmeifyoucan
      July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
      Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
      Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
      Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Even tho they have a BK Section over there, they are NOT very BK friendly.

I've seen the same thing Mea. All the suggestions for how to cut expenses and such. Those folks don't realize when you get to our point, we've already done everything they've suggested.

I read there but I do not post.
        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
        Discharged - 12/2006
        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

I've seen people over there that put in their siggie that their goal is to get $100,000 in unsecured LOC's before a certain date.

It seems like their goal is to repair and get as much credit as possible available to them.

Wait till they hit a snag, divorce, medical, job loss, business failure. I believe they too will tap into that $100,000 LOC and soon find themselves posting on this board

From what I've read here and my 1,000's of hours of research on this subject, most (but not all) people that file for bankruptcy are not irresponsible and take extraordinary measures to avoid bankruptcy. Unfortunately in the final analysis most will NEVER get out from under the crushing debt caused by divorce, medical, job loss, business failure, and the like.

I agree with CMIYC, don't listen the the negativity. Start thinking of it as a "business" transaction or legal proceeding. You need to do what is best for you and your family. Unless of course, anyone over there wants to pay your bills for you!
          Last edited by JusticeForAll; 09-25-2006, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Thanks all of you!I was already depressed enough about this.Then reading "if just stop going to starbucks"(which btw we don't lol)we could get out of it.
            I don't get how someone can get out of $50,000 of CC debt with high interest(that the CC companies won't lower)This is definitely our last resort and I know it is for all of you.(((((((((group hug))))))))Glad I found you all!

Comment

Oh what great advice they gave you!

Save a buck-fifty a day at Starbucks and you should be out of debt in say, 500 years!

Very sound financial advice! Sheesh, I should have consulted them before I filed! Dang!

Comment

Start a home-daycare? I'm already working two jobs! I've been avoiding bankruptcy since my divorce in '98, finally had to throw in the towel when they jacked up my interest rates to the point where it would have literally taken me over 100 years to get out of debt. The only thing I think I could cut out and have a little extra money each month is cable TV, everything else is essential.

I don't plan on getting any new credit cards. I will use my debit card as a Visa if necessary. My main post-BK goal is to restore my credit to the point where I could buy a small house in 3-5 years. I may need to get one secured card to assist with that, but that would be it.

I had great credit before the BK, I don't need that anymore. I need to be able to live on what I make, which is finally happening.

341 last week, discharge two months away!

Comment

Originally posted by JusticeForAll View Post
                  Oh what great advice they gave you!

Save a buck-fifty a day at Starbucks and you should be out of debt in say, 500 years!

Very sound financial advice! Sheesh, I should have consulted them before I filed! Dang!

LOL thanks I needed that laugh today! btw they said Starbucks adds up to $1800 a yr

Comment

Betholonia

Start a home-daycare? I'm already working two jobs! I've been avoiding bankruptcy since my divorce in '98, finally had to throw in the towel when they jacked up my interest rates to the point where it would have literally taken me over 100 years to get out of debt. The only thing I think I could cut out and have a little extra money each month is cable TV, everything else is essential.

Two jobs, eh? Me two, literally TWO FULL TIME. But I'm thrown into a Chapter 13. One job alone will pay for the plan. So much for my disposable income. If I quit one job, I might be able to go for Ch.7. Either way, I'll be living tight!

Good Luck, Catchmeifyoucan
                    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
                    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
                    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
                    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I saw your post over there, Mea.

How rude that one person was!!

That person evidently has not had a home day care to see the damage it does to your home.

I have a GF who used to have a home day care. Her house was always clean but the furniture, carpet, and such were VERY worn.

She finally had it with all the wear and tear the kids inflicted on her house. As families moved on and quit using her services, she did not replace those clients. She let her business die a natural death.

When the last kid was gone, she went to work on her home. It took about a year to paint, put down new carpet and kitchen flooring, and get new furniture. They spent more repairing their home than she ever made running the day care.
                      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                      Discharged - 12/2006
                      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

I can't post over there! I have yahoo and msn addresses and it won't let me sign up with either.
                        *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by SinkingFast View Post
                          I saw your post over there, Mea.

How rude that one person was!!

That person evidently has not had a home day care to see the damage it does to your home.

I have a GF who used to have a home day care. Her house was always clean but the furniture, carpet, and such were VERY worn.

She finally had it with all the wear and tear the kids inflicted on her house. As families moved on and quit using her services, she did not replace those clients. She let her business die a natural death.

When the last kid was gone, she went to work on her home. It took about a year to paint, put down new carpet and kitchen flooring, and get new furniture. They spent more repairing their home than she ever made running the day care.

LOL I used the same name so I'd remember it!
                          That's terrible about your friend.I don't have the desire to run a home based daycare .I really don't think me getting liscensed in the next few months and getting a couple hundred a week will make a dent in our enormous debt!But I didn't write that on that board lol I didn't want to be more flamed!

Comment

I too have visited that board in the past....... when I first came to this Forum...... WAS I IMPRESSED - not hardly....... didn't take but a couple of days of rudeness for me to say....... "your sure no help"........... bye.....

Not only are they very rude, they belittle you also for your situation.......

Don't need that kind of input from anyone....... I know the situation I'm in and a lot of it wasn't my fault................DUH........... Their attitude - "SORRY ABOUT YOUR LUCK"...........

My thoughts
                            Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnymouth View Post
                              I too have visited that board in the past....... when I first came to this Forum...... WAS I IMPRESSED - not hardly....... didn't take but a couple of days of rudeness for me to say....... "your sure no help"........... bye.....

Not only are they very rude, they belittle you also for your situation.......

Don't need that kind of input from anyone....... I know the situation I'm in and a lot of it wasn't my fault................DUH........... Their attitude - "SORRY ABOUT YOUR LUCK"...........

My thoughts
                              On the flip side, this site is incredible!!! Well organized, great people, tons of information--I'm quite surprised sometimes that it isn't more active. No other BK site on the web compares to it! They're clumsy to use, have tons of trolls, or are pretty inactive.

Kudos to the creators!
                              *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X