Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news?

Hello all,

I'm "new" here. Not new to bankruptcy! Actually I'm almost at the end.

Background you'll need: an inherited house was sold as part of this bankruptcy proceedings. My assets other than the house were so low that I received a check for $10,575 last October, making up the difference between the value of my (other) assets and the maximum allowable retained assets.

I received a notice on Wednesday. I'm not clear how the math works, about all of this, but it seems that I have some money coming to me. Can someone explain the details here? Maybe even estimate the amount that may yet be coming back to me? Thanks in advance.

----------

"NOTICE OF FILING OF FINAL ACCOUNT OF TRUSTEE AND OF HEARING ON APPLICATIONS FOR COMPENSATION"

4. The following application for compensation have been filed:

Applicant -- Commissions or Fees -- Expenses
    Trustee -- $5229.00 -- $478.32
    CPA -- $0.00 -- $480.00

5. The trustee's account shows total receipts of -- $61,725.98
    and total disbursements of -- $13,717.02
    for a balance on hand of -- $48,008.96

6. In addition to the commissions and fees that may be allowed by the court, liens and priority claims which must be paid in advance of general creditors have been allowed in the total amount of $0.00. General unsecured claims have been allowed in the amount of $34,153.23.

----------

Can anyone crunch these numbers for me, let me know where I stand?

Thanks again,

N.

Call the Trustee

I have no clue my friend, too much math for my little head, why don't you just ask the trustee directly, or consult your lawyer (if you have one)?

Good Luck, Catchmeifyoucan
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by neminis View Post
      4. The following application for compensation have been filed:

Applicant -- Commissions or Fees -- Expenses
      Trustee -- $5229.00 -- $478.32
      CPA -- $0.00 -- $480.00

5. The trustee's account shows total receipts of -- $61,725.98
      and total disbursements of -- $13,717.02
      for a balance on hand of -- $48,008.96

6. In addition to the commissions and fees that may be allowed by the court, liens and priority claims which must be paid in advance of general creditors have been allowed in the total amount of $0.00. General unsecured claims have been allowed in the amount of $34,153.23.
      Now, this is purely a guess: $7,668.41

48,009.96 (balance on hand) - 34,153.23 (given to unsecured creditors) = 13856.73

13856.73 - 6187.32 (total expenses) = 7668.41

Remember, just a guess. Not sure if the balance on hand is before or after unsecured creditors have gotten their but. Nor does it indicate where the $13K in dispersments have gone to.
      *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X