The Wait Is Killing Me!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wait Is Killing Me!!!!

Waiting for my discharge is almost as bad as listening to Rosanne Barr sing the National Anthem!!! The last day for objections was 9/25/06 and still not discharged. I am checking PACER 5 times a day. I just want this whole mess to be over with. My attorney assures me that it will happen any day now, hopefully he is right. Oh well, I just needed to vent a little. I feel better now.
    To err is human. To really mess things up, you need a computer.

sp114,
    It's been 10 days, however you could call the clerk's office and inquire. The court could be a little backed-up. Now, if you choose to call the clerk's office, just remember to be polite and courteous and your questions will be answered.

BTW, try not to check PACER as many times a day as you have. It will make you go stir crazy.

Be patient, If you do not have any objections, then your Order for Discharge is right around the corner.
    Bankruptcy History:
    Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
    Discharged - 02/16/2006
    Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

I am also waiting for my discharge. Our last day to object was 9/26... I can't take much more
      Last edited by Sarahsmom; 10-13-2006, 07:16 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Still not discharged!!!!! I AM GOING CRAZY!!!!!

Comment

sp114 - did you call the clerk's office? the number is right on your original bankruptcy filing.

30 days after our last date for objections came and went and no discharge. i called the clerk's office and inquired as to how long it would take and she said "oh this should have been done, give me 5 minutes".

I checked pacer 5 minutes later and she was true to her word! I was discharged and case closed 5 minutes later!

No sense in killing yourself! All you have to do is call to find out when!

Originally posted by sp114 View Post
          Still not discharged!!!!! I AM GOING CRAZY!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JusticeForAll View Post
            sp114 - did you call the clerk's office? the number is right on your original bankruptcy filing.

30 days after our last date for objections came and went and no discharge. i called the clerk's office and inquired as to how long it would take and she said "oh this should have been done, give me 5 minutes".

I checked pacer 5 minutes later and she was true to her word! I was discharged and case closed 5 minutes later!

No sense in killing yourself! All you have to do is call to find out when!
            Thanks for the advice!!! I called my attorney today and he said it can take up to a month for the discharge. If it hasn't been discharged by Monday, I will call the clerks office.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X