Surrendering Property During BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surrendering Property During BK

After speaking to the creditors we are planning to surrender 2 properties (a travel camper and a Culligan water softner). These two creditors have called after the 341 meeting to make arrangements. My lawyer tells me they shouldn't have called that everything should have been done through the court and the lawyer. It's rather hard when the lawyer is not available 90% of the time!!! So now, our 2 options are: Surrender the property freely during BK to the creditors, i.e. dorp the trailer off at the Credit Union and have Culligan come pick up the softner. Or have both the creditors file motions to get their stuff, which is what the lawyer tells me to do. Which one should we do... It seems that if we have them file motions the BK will drag on forever, we're only about 1 month away from discharge!!! BUT since our property is in the hands of the court, shouldn't it really be done the right way. See we live in a small town and these people think we should just deal with them directly and skip the court just get it over with.
    What should we do?
    Edyta...
    Discharged April 2005

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X