What can go wrong in the 60 Day Club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our 341 Mtg is Friday morning. After a prep session with our atty (who is also a former trustee) it sounds every bit as anti-climatic as nearly everyone else here has expressed. So, I'm not so wound up about the 341 mtg.

But, being that worrying is my favorite hobby (based on the amount of time I spend with it) there has to be SOMETHING for me to be tied in knots over, so...
    What can go wrong during the "60 Day Club"? Our atty has meticulously documented and backed up every claim and "grey area" in our case, but I'm on the lookout for the bolt from the blue that can zap us just as we're in sight of the finish line.

Also, aside from not being presented on the 6:00 news as the latest Powerball winner, are there any suggestions on our financial behavior at this time?

Thoughts?

Thanks folks, ya'll are great!

You went thru a prep session with your attny. Generally speaking, Creditors aren't an issue. Creditors Objections don't happen real often. Did your attny advise you of any potential "flags" that might bring the attention of the UST's Office?? If not, then your 60 days will probably be uneventful.
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Thoughts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Our 341 Mtg is Friday morning. After a prep session with our atty (who is also a former trustee) it sounds every bit as anti-climatic as nearly everyone else here has expressed. So, I'm not so wound up about the 341 mtg.
      But, being that worrying is my favorite hobby (based on the amount of time I spend with it) there has to be SOMETHING for me to be tied in knots over, so...
      What can go wrong during the "60 Day Club"? Our atty has meticulously documented and backed up every claim and "grey area" in our case, but I'm on the lookout for the bolt from the blue that can zap us just as we're in sight of the finish line.
      Also, aside from not being presented on the 6:00 news as the latest Powerball winner, are there any suggestions on our financial behavior at this time?
      Thoughts?

Im worry every day too, it helps me feel "secure," to worry, when I think of the worst USUALLY the opposite happens. Worrying is my "lucky charm," (oxymoran?)
      I had big cash advances in APRIL, so I'm worried about creditor objections and/or adversaries. I had filed in JULY for Ch13 but than converted to Ch7 in November. So TO ME much time has gone by since my big cash advance, even though the 60 day period started over when I refiled.
      I try not to check PACER as 8cents can add up, but think I'll have a peek at it around Christmas to see if there are any objections. It would be a nice Christmas gift if nothing out of the ordinary. And come my birthday January 9th, a full discharge would be the biggest gift, since creditors have until January 8th to object.

BEST WISHES, Catchmeifyoucan
      July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
      Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
      Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
      Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN View Post
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Thoughts?

Im worry every day too, it helps me feel "secure," to worry, when I think of the worst USUALLY the opposite happens. Worrying is my "lucky charm," (oxymoran?)
        I had big cash advances in APRIL, so I'm worried about creditor objections and/or adversaries. I had filed in JULY for Ch13 but than converted to Ch7 in November. So TO ME much time has gone by since my big cash advance, even though the 60 day period started over when I refiled.
        I try not to check PACER as 8cents can add up, but think I'll have a peek at it around Christmas to see if there are any objections. It would be a nice Christmas gift if nothing out of the ordinary. And come my birthday January 9th, a full discharge would be the biggest gift, since creditors have until January 8th to object.

BEST WISHES, Catchmeifyoucan
        Yes I always kept an eye on Pacer also.At least five or six times a week.It was a very nerve wracking time during those 60 days when a creditor (or the Trustee) could object to discharge.I made some bad decisions in the past and I was sure they were going to come back to haunt me....sort of speak.
        Donna
        Donna

Filed Pro Se August 10,2006 :cry: 341 Meeting: September 19,2006 :blink: Last Day to Object: November 20,2006 :cool: Discharged: November 27,2006 :clapping: CLOSED: December 15,2006 :tongue:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X