top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I or Shouldn't I get a part-time job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I or Shouldn't I get a part-time job?

Part time work

It would only be an issue if it somehow through you into a chapter 13. If you made more than $100 in income over your expenses or something. You have to report before you file but part-time should be OK. Any more than part-time it would be best to wait until after the 341. But if you do go looking for a part-time job make sure they do not commit you to full-time in the future because you will have to disclose that as well. Good Luck.

Comment

Just as an insight, when you file BK, your sutdent loans will go into a suspended status. In other words you won't have to pay anything on your student loans for the duration of your bk. This should save you some money.
      My student loans are with the Federal Direct Loan Center/Dept of Edu.
      Edyta...
      Discharged April 2005

Comment

tell me your JOKING!! My loans are "private" / "alternative" loans but after some investigation I found out that one of them was originally tied in with a "non-profit" organization. The other two are with Wells Fargo... I HOPE YOUR RIGHT AND I LOOK FORWARD TO THE EXTRA MONEY SO I CAN GET A CAR faster!!! ---
        wait I have a question about this...if they are suspended during will i have to make the back payments after the 341 meeting?
        Last edited by missy2; 03-16-2005, 12:49 PM.

Comment

If your student loans are private not sponsored by the dept. of education, they might be dischargeable. Ask your attorney, he may be able to help.
          No I'm not joking, it's true. I found out about the suspended status because I didn't receive a bill in the mail the month after I filed bk. I called them to find out what was going on since I know that my student loans couldn't be discharged. I have always been current on my student loans (actually on all my bills until I lost my job 4 months ago). Anyway, they told me that I would get my next statement in May...
          Edyta...
          Discharged April 2005

Comment

Yeah..that is good news! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

No back payments, they explained to me that during this time they can't come to collect the debt unless they seek "lift of automatic stay". They wouldn't do this because the loans are not dischargeable.
              Edyta...
              Discharged April 2005

Comment

I have a Wells Fargo Student Loan

Originally posted by EdytaHome
                If your student loans are private not sponsored by the dept. of education, they might be dischargeable. Ask your attorney, he may be able to help.
                No I'm not joking, it's true. I found out about the suspended status because I didn't receive a bill in the mail the month after I filed bk. I called them to find out what was going on since I know that my student loans couldn't be discharged. I have always been current on my student loans (actually on all my bills until I lost my job 4 months ago). Anyway, they told me that I would get my next statement in May...
                Would aWells Fargo Student Loan be dischargable?

Comment

Your student loan will probably not be discharged. Even if its not tied in with the government / federal! Do some research and find out if your loan is associated with a non-profit org... One of mine is, it started out as Consern, and then Wells Fargo purchased it. I'm hoping but its highly unlikely... either way I'll keep you all posted...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X