Please can someone help me with this question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please can someone help me with this question

We finally set our 341 mtg for April 14th. OUr lawyer asked us a while back ago how much would we get back on our refund. I really did not know and told him around 2 grand. He said ok and that was the end of that. Well, our refund is going to be around 6 grand. We are 2 months behind on mortgage and plan to reaffirm it. Also, we need to catch up on car payments and utilities. We will not have much left after everything is paid. My question is when they see our bank statement and w2s will they question our return and will our lawyer think that we lied to him about our refund. I dont know what to do at this point. I did not know that it would be this amount and we should be getting it in a few days. My husband believes in the saying if they dont ask then dont tell. But, I just dont want to be in trouble when the trustee asks about the refund and why is the amount different then what is stated on paper.

Be ready to drop your paints

After i went to my 341 meet. I needed to send to the Trustie my tax returns for two years, personal & business bank statments and a whole lot of other docs. So don't think the "Don't ask don't tell" will work. Talk to you lawyer and if you still have room in your personal exceptions you might be able to amend your list of asset and except your tax return.

Good Luck

Comment

Here is the thing, the trustee will ask you if all the info in your bk paperwork is correct, you will have to tell him under oath that it is. If it's not and by some reason he asks you for your taxes and other documents you could really be in bad shape. So, I agree with BrokeCh7 do it the right way. If you can't get your refund under your exemptions and you need to use it for bills, write everything down, how much you paid and who... When or if the trustee asks for your refund, tell him you used it to keep your head above water and show him were the money went.
      Good luck!!!
      Edyta...
      Discharged April 2005

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X