Bank Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank Accounts

We are filing BK as we speak and I have a question and would like some feedback from some of you good folks. My wife's mother requested that she(wife) have her name on all of her bank accounts and CD's because she is physically unable to get out and do her own business. She has a sizable balance in some of these accounts. Should these be included in our state of affairs??

If she is joint on everything, than technically yes, I belive...
    Edyta...
    Discharged April 2005

Comment

If your wife is just an "authorized user" then you shouldn't have to list them. My parents declared bankruptcy in NC while my mom was listed on my grandmothers accounts as "authorized user" dur to my grandmother's poor health. My mom could write checks for her and all but all the money in the accounts was put there fro mmy grandmother's widows benefits. Their attorney said legally it wasn't their money, my mom was like a financial power of attorney, only no formal paperwaork was filed. You should be able to get a Finanncial Power of Attorney form off the web and maybe include on it that your wife is listed on all accounts in order to manage them for her mother. This si something that may be different in different states. Definitely check with an attorney to be sure.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X